Chapter 4: Soccer Practice

A/N

Well this is long over due. Like I said before though. I'm not a very motivated writer (if you could even classify me as that). But I still hope y'all enjoy and thank you super duper much for taking time to read!

~Twiggy :)x
Chapter 4: Soccer Practice

Handsome blue eyes stared back at my own wide hazel ones. His pretty face slowly turned a brilliant shade of scarlet as his eyes traveled down my naked torso.

I was so busted. No way out of this one.

"Erm... Could you get out, please?" I asked, my face becoming redder by the millisecond.

His eyes snapped to mine and he blushed even more, if that was possible. Then he stepped back and hurried out of the locker room.

Well that was weird. And embarrassing. Why was he here? Does he know? Has he put two and two together? What if he tells my brother? Especially if he put it all together. Of course I'll be kicked off the team. Not just by coach, but everyone. Everyone who I worked so hard to gain respect from. Even my brother wouldn't accept me on the field. I just want to be able to play what I live for. So he better not tell anyone, I'll make sure he doesn't.

Vern.

~•~•~•~

It's been three days. Three long torturous days. Yet I've not been kicked off the team. No ones said anything about it to me. Not even the man himself. Does this mean he hasn't said anything? Or is could he be waiting for the best time to strike?

I can't let that happen. I'll have to stay a step ahead. Better yet, a whole football field ahead.

But how do I say ahead when I don't even know where to find the guy? I can't approach him at practice about it, because what if he didn't actually make the connection? Maybe he thought I was some weird stalker chick who was showering in the men's locker room.

I couldn't possible face him in school as me. As a girl. What if he laughs at me and says that I wasn't cut out for football? Or already said bad stuff about me in his group of populars. Like I was practically a guy, without the man anatomy. Flat chested.

Lost in my torturous thoughts, I crashed in to someone walking down the school hallway. I felt myself fall as in slow motion and couldn't make my reactions work to catch myself. My right elbow takes the brute force of the fall, the rest of me follows. This won't feel good in practice.

I bet you were were expecting someone to catch me, huh?

I look up and blink, dumbfounded.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear... it's true!

Vern, here Vern is, right in front of me! It's as if the universe is out to get me. Is this guy magic?! Crap, if he is maybe he has heard my thoughts. No good, no good. Must find a way to make him keep quiet and not reveal my secrets.

"My apologies!" he blurted out and extended his big tan hand to help me up.

I glared at him and picked myself up without accepting his help. His hand uselessly fell back to his side. Oh man, now I feel bad for being rude.

"I'm really sorry, are you ok-" he stopped mid word as his made contact with my own. It's like deja vu.

Creepy.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it. Just banged up my elbow a little but it'll be fine," I flexed my hurt arm and bent it at the elbow as if to prove a point. "Um, if you wouldn't mind, would it be okay to talk with you now about what happened..." I trailed off unsure how to finish that sentence.

His face became tinged with red. "Uh, yeah. Um, sure! Maybe we should go somewhere more private," he muttered lowly as a crowed of populars started to gather around Vern.

It's not unusual, it's seen often enough around him so I'm not surprised. However I need to steal away this popular boy for just a wee bit. We have important, awkward, stuff to talk about.

He makes up an excuse and waves bye to his friend who have already turned and started excitedly talking among themselves.

I hope they don't think we're off to go do "you know what" in a closet somewhere. That would be plain disturbing. Not that I wouldn't with Vern, because he is super good looking, but I just met him and I don't like him like that and I'm not that kind of girl to go around doing "you know what". Not have I ever even done it and just seeing people kiss on TV makes me squimish and yell "ewwww" and I'm rambling and starting to feel very awkward.

Without me realizing it, Vern has led us outside under a tree. The cool Autumn breeze blew through my hair and caused it to blow every which way. I'm sure this is attractive...

What?

I'm with a very good looking guy. I'm allowed to be self conscious! And no. This does not mean I like him. Well, okay. Maybe a wee bit, but not that that much.

"Sooo..." I muttered, trailing off, biting my lip as I thought of something to say. "I guess we should get right to the point. Have you told anyone? About, you know, the incident?"

He raised an eyebrow. "You mean when I saw you naked in the boy's locker room?"

I felt heat spread across my face and I look down at the ground. My shoulders slowly hunched over and my right hand grabbed into my left arm.

"Yeah, that," I said softly. "No one can know about that."

"Why were you even in there? Were the showers in the girl's bathroom not working or something? I mean, you didn't even have to shower after your soccer practice."

My head snapped up and I looked him in the eyes, seeing the purity of his question. He didn't know. He didn't suspect that I was in there after football practice.

My heart thudded in my chest, the exhilaration kicking in. I got lucky this time. Next time though... I have to make sure there will be no next time.

"Err, yeah. I, um, needed the shower, because I stunk a lot after my soccer practice. It was really grueling. Lots of drills and running. The girl's locker room shower wasn't working," I took a deep breath collecting myself to make a quick get away. "Then after I was going to meet my friends and I didn't have time to go home to shower. A bad idea happened and you know the rest of the story."

His intense gaze has me looking away.

I continue on. A sweet smile slips onto my face. "I'd really appreciate if you continue to keep this between us."

He blinks, looking stunned a second before he smiled back.

"Yeah, sure. I don't mind," he paused, and I look up at him again. A glint appears in his eyes. "But now you owe me." He smirks, winks, then walks away. All in that order.

Mind. Blown.

Okay so maybe this crush thing has kind of gotten bigger.

This is a big problem accumulating. Lies are stacking on top of lies. I wonder when it will all blow up I'm my face? I should work on fixing this.