Chapter 7 The Doppelgänger

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

The sound was annoying. Ridiculous even at this hour of the night. Still his eyes forced themselves opened from where he laid in his bed. A breath escaped his lips, a sigh, before he pushed himself up with groggy eyes almost unable to see.

He can't believe he got talked into this job, but a job was a job. Stretching, Mike got up from his bed to get ready for work.

He'd say everyday was the same since he started this damn job but that in itself would be a lie. He knew about the rumor of Freddy's, he wasn't an idiot but his friends were. They're the ones who had this bright idea of making it into some sort of horror attraction, and also had the bright idea of leaving him to be on the night shift for it just so the place doesn't burn down.

He only agreed because they were paying him a decent amount, but what neither of his friends explained was that they had found actual working animatronics and left them inside. This yellow rabbit and purple cat. Both of which smelt like something died in them. (Actually Mike was pretty sure something had died in the rabbit one.)

At first the job was easy, keep an eye on the boilers and such and make sure nothing got set on fire, then the rabbit started moving. Mike was definite that, that thing was out for blood. Maybe his if he didn't happen to have the recording booth for ambiance also inside the so called security office.

He'd play this children laughter they'd use on the tour to simulate ghost children for any paying guests to lure the rabbit away. And then the cat moved. Where she got to the past two nights he wasn't sure, but she's been lurking around some where.

Now don't get him wrong, he did try to tell his friends what was going on inside Fazbear Fright's but no one believed him. It's just the lack of oxygen, they'd say.

Mike knew that wasn't the case, but he had to press on and keep fighting back what ever that rabbit is.

Getting his, in his opinion, dumb uniform on Mike set out for the night to work. Another night, another fright was waiting for him.
___________________
Midnight. Or so you assumed by the clocks immediate chime.

You sighed from where you sat in your room, immediately turning back into a person hugging your knees slightly after the final ring. Your mind was still thinking about your conversation with (him/her). The exchange of I love you's still lingering in the back of your mind making you smile slightly.

You couldn't believe it. (He/She) felt the same way. But that good feeling couldn't last forever. After your conversation with the man who insists you can just call him Vincent, you were now under constant super vision. He'd watch after you after the building closes and the others would watch you during the night shifts.

All this effort for a threat you didn't even understand. What did these dream demons even want? You vaguely remember what shadow had said to you about the ritual. It was important and while it had been completed you didn't quite grasp the meaning behind it. Wasn't it all for Vincent to get his daughter back?

What everyone said and what you've experienced wasn't adding up. Not to mention why did the puppet lock your memories to begin with? Yes you knew to protect you from shadow and to stop the ritual but why? The questions all still lingered in the air. (Not to mention your memories were all still fuzzy hard to understand and grasp.)

"Hey, hey kid!" Vincent snapped at you from the doorway causing you to jump. You looked up at him seeing him still in his animatronic form, his glowing silver eyes looking down at you blood shot from where the spring locks had snapped into his head when he had been alive. He was a terrifying sight if you weren't the same in your suit form rather than human.