Prefall! Soldier: 76 x Reader: Here For You

Start from the beginning

“You and Daddy are always working, and never have time for me anymore and I feel like you guys don't want me around anymore. You guys are always leaving me with Auntie Ana and Pharah, and I miss you Mommy. So please mommy, stay.” She expressed.

“Oh, baby. We don't mean to leave you, it's just that we want to give you the best future we possibly can, and in order to do that, me and daddy need to be working and keep fighting. We love you so much, and didn't mean to make you feel that way sweetheart!” I cried to her, holding her like a glass doll, as if she could break at any moment.

“I know mommy. I just wish you didn't have to work so much.” She said in a calm tone. I held onto her, letting some tears fall, realizing what she had said was true. After a few minutes, she pulled away from my chest and saw my tear-stained face.

“Please don't cry mommy. I didn't mean to make you sad.” Jessica said as she wiped my tears away. I smiled and replied with,

“ No baby it's not your fault, it's my own. How about for the rest of the day, it's just me and you, and I promise I will not leave you. Today and tomorrow, I'm all yours.” I said. She exclaimed in excitement and jumped off her bed. She then proceeded to pull me along with her wherever she went and spent the entire day doing whatever she wanted.

*Time Skip*

It was now late at night, and I had Jessica nuzzled against me in my bed. I had been laying there for who knows how long, petting her head while she slept. Soon enough, the door opened to reveal Jack with two platters of food.

“I couldn't find you guys in the mess hall, so I guessed you guys hadn't eaten yet.” Jack stated as he set the food on the desk before taking off his uniform and laying down next to me and Jessica.

“No, we haven't. I thought it was more important to spend time with my baby.” I said, still playing with her hair and not looking up.

“Hey, is something bothering you? It's not like you to skip out on food.” Jack said, voice filled with concern.

“Do you realize how much we work?” I asked, finally looking up to meet his baby blue eyes.

“Not really. I know we're basically up and working until it's time for bed, but what does that have to do with anything?” He asked me.

“Did you know that our own flesh and blood misses up and feels lonely. Did you know that she believes that we didn't care or love her anymore? Because she does… or at least did anyway…” I stated as I began to cry again. I then proceeded to gently wrap my arms and legs around Jessica as if she were my own personal teddy bear.

“Are you serious (Y/N)?” Jack asked in disbelief.

“I always said that when I had a child that they would come first, but look at me now. I'm laying here, crying, holding my child because I put work before her, and now she doesn't think she's loved.” I wailed.

“Hey, hey, hey. Stop that talk right now. Sure, this is proof that we haven't been the best parents, but look at you now. You've realized your mistakes and now your trying to fix them. All I can see here is my beautiful wife and the absolute best mother out there.” He told me, trying his best to calm me, and succeeding. He then slowly pulled me and Jessica into his arms; Jessica now being cradled by the both of us and his chin resting atop my head. We laid there in silence, listening to the child between us, lightly breathing.

“How about tomorrow, we take the day off, and just take the day to shower Jessica in love?” He asked, a small smile upon his features.

“That sounds awesome Jack, but I just can't do it anymore.” I told him.

“Do what anymore?” He asked.

“This isn't exactly how I planned on telling you, but in the past week, I've visited Mercy. And Jack, I'm not going to sugar-coat it. I'm pregnant, three months, to be exact. And after today, I can't do the same to our second child as I've done to Jessica. I need to be there for our kids, Jack. Put Ana as second-in-command, she deserves it. I'll still be around, and helping out here, but I just can't do this anymore.” I explained to him.

He smiled and said, “(Y/N), that's amazing, and honestly, I think it's also for the best if you step down and stay here to take care of the kids.”

“I'm glad that you agree Jack. Go to bed though. We'll deal with it all in the morning. Jessica and I will eat, then come back to bed.” I said as I got up and shook Jessica awake. I then grabbed the food Jack had brought in, and proceeded to sit down on Jessica's bed. After finishing our food, I grabbed one of Jessica's favorite stories and read the book until she had fallen back to sleep. Once realizing this, I closed the book, tucked her in, and kissed her forehead. I then changed my own clothes and turned all the lights off, then climbed into bed with Jack.

“You're such a great mother, even if you don't believe it.” He said as he pulled me to his chest, hands on my stomach.

“Mm… If you say so.” I said, a small smile on my face.

“You are! And I love you so much. I really cannot wait for our second child.” He expressed. I could hear the smile in his voice.

“I love you too, Soldier. Now, go to bed. We had a big day tomorrow.” I said, already half-asleep.

And with that said, the soon-to-be family of four all fell asleep, all filled with joy and eagerness for what the future had to bring to them.

Christmas special next week on Tuesday instead of Wednesday since Christmas is on Tuesday! That will be my gift to you all! Then the Hanzo x Readers that I have written!