Prefall! Soldier: 76 x Reader: Here For You

These are ever so slightly a bitch to write, but I don't regret it! This story honestly hurts me in the feels, and I wrote it! Hope you all enjoy!

(Y/N)'s PoV

“Jessica, get back here!” I yelled after me four year old daughter. Although I called out for her, she squealed in excitement and ran as fast as her little legs could take her. Ana and I had been talking about our next mission and our personal lives; how Pharah and Reinhardt had been. During our talk, we had decided to go grab some food from the kitchen, but when we stepped in, we found two little girls, hands in a cookie jar, stuffing their little mouths with them. Once caught, they grabbed as many as they could and ran in different directions. In an instant, we ran after our children; me after Jessica and Ana after Pharah. Although she was fast, she had run into a dead end. It was either be caught by her mother, or be caught by her father. In the end, she grabbed the handle and pushed it open, but only a crack. Unfortunately, I hadn't quite planned for the door to be ever so slightly ajar, so when it was, instead of trapping her between me and the door, I tripped over Jessica and fell on top of the person who stood on the other side of the door. I quickly pulled myself together and grabbed Jessica before she could stand up and bolt out of the room.

“No! Mommy! Let me go!” She yelled while thrashing around in my arms.

“No! Now, I apologize Commander, but your devil of a child was being a thief and stole some cookies. What would you like to do with her?” I asked in a joking manner, yet as serious as possible.

“My devil of a child? Don't you mean ours? And I think she should give up what's left in those little hands of hers.” He said with a smirk.

In an instant, she stopped thrashing after hearing Jack say those words, and just as swiftly, she shoved the cookies in her mouth, and proceeded to ask,

“What cookies daddy? I don't have any.” She said, a mouth still full and a smile on her face.

“Jessica! No speaking with a full mouth!” Jack barked,

“Besides, I was really hoping to try one of those cookies as well baby.” He responded with a calmer tone, and picking her up out of my arms.

She swallowed, and said, “I'm sorry Daddy. Pharah and I were having a tea party, and she told me it wouldn't be complete without some cookies, so we went to go grab some. But when we ran out, we thought they were so good that we decided to just go eat some more.” She explained, looking ashamed.

“It's alright baby, we're just worried about your little tummy and it hurting from eating all that sugar.” I expressed while rubbing her back.

“Mommy, Daddy, I'm tired.” She said with a big yawn.

“Alright baby. (Y/N), do you think you could lay her down? I have some paperwork I need to give to Gabe, then watch Tracer and Genji go through their spar matches and trials.” He said, handing the tired child to me.

“Yeah, I can do that. See you at dinner babe.” I said, while rocking Jessica in my arms. Slowly, I walked down the bustling, yet quiet halls towards Jack and I's room. Inside the room was a king sized bed, a desk in the corner for all our work, and a smaller bed at the foot of ours for Jessica. I laid her down in her bed, and turned to walk out of the room, but a small and quiet voice stopped me.

“Mommy, please don't go. I don't want to be alone again.” She pleaded. I looked over to see her sat upright in her bed, looking as if on the brink of tears.

“Alone again? What do you mean baby?” I asked as I hurried over to her. I quickly sat her in my lap and proceeded to pet her hair while she seemed to cling onto me as if I would disappear at any second.