Chapter twelve

Ever since I started dating Owen McCall I've gotten to know him so well like the back of my palm. He's neither as mysterious as I thought he would be, nor as complicated as Kai. In fact, his aspirations and life plan is quite very simple.

For him, swimming isn't just an hobby as it is to Audrey, so he intends to take his skills to the next level by going to the Olympics after highschool to make a name in the swimming world like Michael Phelps or others. Just like me, he has been given an early admission with a school scholarship based on his swimming but i'm not sure he wants to go being that apart from swimming, he has no other thing to study because school work and studying is hard work.

His daily routine are also quite simple. Keep looking good, keep leaving for today, and keep partying. I have no issue with the amount of gel he rubs on his sleepy hair, but I find his lack of insight on the tomorrow quite shallow because i'm the type who loves to think of and plan my next day and further than that. What's worse are the parties. I've gone to more parties within the few days we've been dating more than I've ever gone in my life which isn't my thing because I like being indoors and studying, and doing other house stuffs which he says is boring. I don't complain about the parties though, because he is Owen who has always been my dream boyfriend and secret admirer. I also don't complain because being with him makes me feel worthy and less like a shadow with my recent over popularity.

Apart from his daily routine and stuff, i also know his likes and dislikes beginning from what he loves to eat to his favourite colour but I fear that he doesn't know mine yet.

"How do you feel?" I ask Audrey who looks too relaxed for some one who's about to face a crowd for the first time in the green room of the theater hall. Jade has made her an old school but really nice and flowing indigo gown that is so long that its rubbing the floor as costume while Amber crown braided her hair and it around her head making her look younger than her age. She even has a make up on which changes her face completely, in a good way. Its like the other two used the opportunity to do what she never let's them do on a normal day.

"Normal"

"Don't you have a stage fright or something? since you haven't done this before"

"Not really" She shrugs. "I just need to get this over with and take off this gown"

Sure, Audrey likes simplicity that's why she sees make up, dresses, and hair styling as heavy load but her simplicity is a bit edgy as She's more comfortable in boots and jeans and jackets in dark colours. I used to think that simplicity is what we have in common but i'm not so sure anymore because I like to wear clothes in varieties and different colours and not just jeans and black. That's the difference between us. Now i'm sure that what we have in common is cool headedness and a voice..... but while I speak reason, she speaks wisdom

"Okay then break a leg" I tell her because the play is about to start and I start heading down to my seat. On the way I see Ashley who's also acting but has been given a little role and a less remarkable dress for a costume. I give her a good luck nod but she returns it
with a cold and hateful glare but I don't mind because i'm getting used to it. I also see Kai who's already sitting amongst the audience and consider waving but I don't because I just remember that if it were him, he wouldn't wave.

I finally find my seat next to Owen just as the play is about to start with Amber who isn't acting as well as Jade, arriving on the stage to introduce the play before the play fully starts with Martin in a high ranking soldier costume which suits him perfectly, holding a sword, and lamenting about killing some people that has gone against him. The play goes on well enough that even Audrey does her best to be less stiff in her acting.

Towards the end, Audrey and Martin shares the anticipated kiss which gets cheers from the crowd except me who busily wonders how Audrey must be feeling or if she even feels anything because she doesn't like Martin. Jade wants to get them closer with the play and the kiss but I doubt that she has made progress because Audrey is a rock.

Chemically stringed (Dysfunctional hearts)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara