What ever he had to tell me could wait.

Currently I was in our home gym punching the punching bag in front of me, putting way more force into my hits than was necessary. With every yell from my brother I could feel the power from my hits push the bag further and further away.

There was no doubt that I had been in the gym for at least two hours but I had long since lost track of time.

My phone was switched off and I had made it perfectly clear to everyone that I wanted to be left alone.

Clearly it wasn't clear enough for my older brother to understand. Either that or he just didn't care and if I was to guess it was probably more to do with that.

Lyra Anderson, wouldn't get out of my head as much as I hated to admit it.

She was like an itch I couldn't scratch and trust me when I said there wasn't many things in this world I couldn't get.

It had been 4 weeks since I last talked to her. As much as I loved annoying her I knew she was deadly serious when she told me to leave her alone.

For some reason the girl terrified me slightly, and no one had that effect on me. I couldn't understand it, I couldn't understand why she made me second guess everything when I was around her.

She made me second guess who I was and what I stood for every time I crossed paths with her. She made me want to step up my game even though she didn't say one word to me. It was like she pushed me without even knowing it herself.

Frankly I didn't even know what was happening never mind if she even noticed in the first place.

It was like she didn't care about anything. Lyra had her mind set on one thing and one thing alone and that was her father Empire. Anything that got in her way just an obstacle that either could be ignored or walked all over.

At first I thought she seen me as a threat but over time she seemed to realise something else completely. What ever that was it had led her on the path of just completely ignoring me and frankly it was probably the best for the both of us.

Her sole aim was to take over her fathers Empire and mine was to take over my own father's.

Our aims might be the same but we came from two completely different worlds.

"Riker!"

Ignoring my brother as he burst through the door I hit the punching bag once more, pretending for a moment that it was him that I was hitting.

Maybe if I acted like he wasn't there he would fucking leave.

"Did you hear about Lyra Anderson?"

Stopping mid-punch I turned to look at my idiotic older brother carefully. I knew him well enough to know that he might have mentioned her name just to get a rise out of me.

It seemed to be his new favourite game recently and I wasn't in the mood right now to play his games.

Ace might be an idiot at times but he was observant to everything.

"What about her?" I made sure not to sound to interested in what was to be said as I grabbed the black towel sitting not that far away.

My phone has been pretty much switched off all day, anything that has happened in the outside word I wouldn't know about. I had just wanted peace and quite today but even that seemed to be too much to ask for lately.

Since my dad was getting married he had taken a step back from the gang in order to keep as much hidden from his new 'wife' as possible.

This whole thing with Lyra's mom was fucked up and I hated the whole plan if you asked me. Anyone to do with the Anderson family was unpredictable and I didn't like that.