No Turning Back;15

The past few days have been odd for Naya, life without Bella in it, but with Jake still at her side felt so wrong and so right all together. Wrong because she feels as though there trio is not complete, and at a stand still. Will Bella return, and what happens when she does? Right because Jacob almost takes up enough space in her heart to fill it completely. 

         Now she lays in her bed, starring up at the ceiling. She didn't have patrol until the evening, making her free for most of the day. Most of the morning was dedicated to sleeping, but not without tossing and turning. 

           Restless nights have plagued her with worry about her best friend, her best friend who fell in love with a vampire. Naya sighs checking to see the time on her night stand. It was almost 1:00 in the afternoon. Sitting up Naya rubs her eyes, Charlie had been calling Billy, and her mom a lot after Bella was first discovered to be gone. Now, it seems that the calls have ceased for now, he knows there's nothing that they could do. 

"Hey." Naya all but jumps out of her skin when she see's a shirtless Jacob making his way through her window. 

           Naya places her hand over her heart. "Jesus, Jake. You could use the door you know." 

         Jake shrugs, not saying anything and instead goes to give Naya a hug, basically laying on top of her. Naya clutches onto him, adjusting so now her head rests on his bare chest. Naya starts to run her hands through his hair. 

"How were the boys today?" Naya whispers, finding comfort in Jake's stillness. 

            Looking down Jake kisses her forehead. "They were good, Sam's been all types of moody though."  

"I bet.I think having the Cullen's possibly coming back is weighing on him." Naya bites her lip, thinking about the fact that Bella is gone, and instead of being Bella, could be one of them. 

            Jake tightens his grip on his imprint, thankful for the fact that he's laying next to her, that she's safe. 

"I think Sam's preparing for the worst, and maybe we should be too." Naya can tell how hesitant Jake is to be saying this. 

          She pauses, lifting her head from his chest. "You really think she'll come back as one of them?" 

"I don't know, she's pretty attached to the leech." Jacob all but growls out. 

          Sighing Naya presses her forehead to Jake's. "I know how you feel, and I'm pissed too, but she loves him." 

"Love doesn't justify everything." Jake's answer is quick, despite the stillness he finds when with Naya. 

            Naya stops, she knows love doesn't justify everything, but if it didn't justify sacrifice than what does? "No, but it may justify sacrifice." she voices her opinion. 

"Maybe." he whispers, though they both can hear it loud and clear. 

           Both imprints allow themselves to fall into a kiss. It's simple, comfortable. Naya breathes deeply, finding the warmth that spreads throughout her entire body like a second home. It's Jake who grips her closer when she starts to pull away. Naya smiles into his lips before pulling away. Their small grins seem to shine just as bright as the sun peaking through the window. 

"Sam wanted me to tell you that you're up for another training session with Leah tonight." Jake tells Naya after they gather themselves. 

           Naya had almost forgotten about training with Leah, the second female shifter in the tribe. It's not exactly been a walk in the park with the Clearwater, Leah holds a lot of resentment towards Sam, making it awkward to train. So Sam's been enlisting the help of Naya, the other female shifter. It hasn't been easy, just like Naya hadn't been easy when she shifted, she fumbled and let her anger get the best of her, so naturally Leah shows the same qualities. The two girls have found a shared connection through the loss of their fathers, though Leah's is still an open wound. They haven't even had Harry's funeral yet. Naya, despite loving the boys hasn't minded having another woman with the tribe, someone who can understand maybe on a level the others can't.