Never Enough; 13

A howl signaled over an hour ago calls Naya out of her deep sleep, her ears becoming tuned to the sound. Now she's been chasing the red heads trail for the past hour, all of the pack along side her. Charlie and Harry have been out, trying to chase their tracks, along with some other members of the police force. It's been the last thing on their minds, they're so close to catching Victoria. 

"She's closing in on Harry and Charlie!"  Jared calls through the mind link. Naya pumps her legs harder to get to the location Jared is, sifting through everyone else to get to him. She's one of the fastest out of the pack. 

       Jake gets there before she does, Naya's eyes widen when she sees the vamps got Harry lifted up by the shirt. With a growl Jacob lunges forward, getting Harry knocked to the ground, and Victoria a few feet over. Naya runs by Harry, seeing Charlie trying to scale down the cliff. She leaves knowing he's taken care of. 

        The pack follows closely behind, Jacob standing off with the red head. Naya lets out a defying growl as the leech does a flip, before running off. Naya runs next to Jacob, she can smell her parasitic scent in the wind, making her want to hold her breath. 

"Charlie has Harry, she's heading for the cliffs." Sam rushes out through the link, just steps behind Naya. 

        Naya takes the lead, gaining and gaining as she runs. Bella's right, she is fast, but not fast enough. The wolves emerge from all angles of the forest, trying to corner the woman. Naya feels the dirt in her claws as she runs, getting more and more traction with each steps she takes. Sometimes it feels as though she's flying since she runs so fast, her feet lightly lifting off the ground. 

"Paul, check on Harry. Don't shift." Sam orders when he notices how Paul can't keep his worry to himself. 

        Paul's usually driven by anger in chases like these, but Harry's a beloved member in everyone's hearts in La Push. Jake nudges Naya with his muzzle as they close in on Victoria, just reaching the edge of the cliffs. Naya watches in something between awe and rage as the vampire dives gracefully down into the thrashing depths of the water. Naya's growl is low in her chest, both her and Jacob jumping down to lower levels to try and see if she would emerge. 

         It's then Paul's cry carries and echoes throughout the trees, Naya closes her eyes, seeing Harry being lifted into the stretcher- EMTS telling Charlie he's had a heart attack, and there was nothing they could do. Harry was close with Naya's father, often telling stories of their tribe together. Naya tilts her head back, letting out a howl along with her packmates, one of sorrow and pain. 

"Naya." Jake pauses, in this time she hasn't realized Jacob's changed back to his human form, sporting a pair of just jean shorts. 

        It's then she smells it, Bella. Naya goes to speak to Jacob, but only a bark escapes her. She heaves running to go behind a tree, shifting easily back into her bones, feeling them shift and curve back into her human body. She throws on the sports bra and shorts she's packed before running out to meet Jacob. 

"Bella, I can smell her. Not far." Naya runs out, basically into Jake's arms. 

        Jake catches her, before giving her a hug, resting his cheek on top of her head for a moment. Trying to bring themselves a small moment of comfort. 

"I know, we need to go get her before the leech does." Jacob pulls away, Naya closes her eyes nodding. 

         Naya starts to sprint, not noticing that she's not wearing shoes, just running as fast as she can to get to Bella. Her smell sticks out, one of fear and something she can only describe as loneliness.