Igniting Lungs;6

The fire wouldn't stop igniting, it would reach different areas of my body each breath I took. I scream, cry, convulse on the ground. I'm sure all of La Push could hear me by now, I hope they can hear me. I need help. Another scream, as the fire reaches the top of my shoulders. Fuck, how could something hurt this much? I try crawling towards the trees, trying to be hidden. I can't, my legs won't move. I burn, sweat dripping off of me like water. 

"Paul, get her to a clearing now! Don't let Jacob phase." A stern voice orders, it sounds like Sam Uley. I heard Jacob's name and my heart burns, but in a different way now. 

"Sam! This isn't like when I phased-" Paul replies back, I can feel another presence close by, Why were they here? Why weren't they helping me? 

"Now!" The order almost made me feel like I should comply, but I couldn't move. 

Hands are under my knees and shoulders, they're warm too. They make it worse. 

"GET OFF OF ME." I try screaming, I try moving nothing works. 

"Naya, you're going to be okay, just hold on." Paul's voice rings in my ears, like he was in them. The fire was up to my neck now, consuming me whole like a snake would to its prey. 

We were moving faster, I could feel Paul breathing . I scream nails digging into wherever I could find them. 

"Ow, fuck." I hear, but I can't do anything. 

It was reaching my head, causing the worst migraine ever imaginable. My exhausted hands reach towards my head pulling at my matted excuse for hair. 

"Okay, we're here." I hear and once again I'm on the moss covered ground. 

I scream again as the fire seems to completely stop, and start again. But the fire only lasts maybe a few seconds. 

I feel like I can breathe again, air filling my lungs. I look down, seeing paws instead of feet. I scream, but it comes out as a yelp, like an animal. 

"Welcome to the pack, Naya." I hear the voice of Sam. But I couldn't see him anywhere? 

"In your head, pretty annoying right?" This was Paul now. But, Paul was carrying me a second ago? I look to where he once stood, there was now a grey, over sized wolf in his place. 

Stumbling back I trip, I could hear everything now, the sound the wind makes, my feet against the dirt. 

The legends... the one's my Dad told. 

"All true." Sam 'says' or really thinks in my head again. I stare at Paul's well, wolf again wondering what I look like. 

"You look a lot like Jake, but you got some white patches." Paul 'says' 

Jake? What about Jake? I look like a dude? 

"Not important. Naya I need you to shift back, we have to talk." Sam 'says'. I gulp. 

I feel the wind against my back, there was fur there. I don't know if I can. 

"You can, just imagine yourself being grounded with feet instead of paws, skin instead of fur." Sam encourages. 

I latch onto the word grounded, I think of all the things that remind me of home. Dream catchers, Mom, Dad, rain, cream coloured walls, Bella, and Jake. 

The fire ignites again, but it was different. This fire was calming and made me feel like I was safe. It was that and the actual ground beneath my feet. I breathe in air as my bare body gets hit with a chill. I was naked, in front of Paul Lahote...

"Here's a shirt." Sam actually says throwing one to me, before I can think I catch it. 

I widen my eyes, but don't hesitate to put it on. The boys had their backs turned once I was wearing a shirt that went down to my thighs. I could smell it, it smelt like.. Sam. 

They both turn around and I gulp feeling overpowered by the two men. 

"I've hardly seen anyone phase back that quickly, it's impressive." Sam acknowledges and I furrow my eyebrows. 

"Phased?" I ask not really understanding what he was referring to exactly. He used it once before, talking about Jake. 

Paul laughs "You'll get used to it." 

! so that happened. I know this is insanely short, but I've had this written for a month or two and wanted to write a fast forward, but tbh I hate them. So I'm gonna do it in another chapter so it doesn't feel as scattered. So she has phased exactly a day after Jake pretty much, so she's not going to out of the loop. I hope you all enjoyed this, and the new cover. I like it much more than the last one. 

-Julianna 

P.S. gif is Naya.