Part Four

"What is this creature? Is it man and machine?!"

            Leela's confusion was justified. Until then, she hadn't seen a Terminator up close. Neither had Al-Lee, for that matter. Her first encounter with one was in that steel mill, a couple of weeks ago. From what she had seen of it, she knew to run away if she encountered it again.

            Only she wasn't running this time.

            The Terminator they found in the truck had not moved since the moment they uncovered it. Al-Lee cautiously inched close to its face, seeing that its exposed robotic eye was not flickering red as it did before.

 Al-Lee cautiously inched close to its face, seeing that its exposed robotic eye was not flickering red as it did before

            "It's been switched off," she indicated.

            "But what is it?" Leela repeated her earlier inquiry.

            "A Terminator – at least, that's what Neas called it," Al-Lee explained. "It's an enemy from his past... or maybe his future – it's a little difficult to say."

            "And it does not react to our movements?"

            Al-Lee shook her head. "No...which is good for us. We have to warn Neas about this."

            They sealed the Terminator up in the crate and turned to sneak back out of the truck. Unfortunately, waiting for them outside were the deliverymen, who returned with assault rifles, aimed directly at Al-Lee and Leela.

-------------------------

            Neas almost couldn't believe how far he, his father, and the Doctor had come with the RoboCop project

            Neas almost couldn't believe how far he, his father, and the Doctor had come with the RoboCop project. In a mere couple of weeks, they transformed a battered police officer on the brink of death into a superhuman cyborg law enforcer. K-9, Major, and especially Officer Lewis kept them company the entire time, anxious to witness the full completion.

            "I have to confess something," the Doctor stated. "I've never converted a man into a machine before. Leela was right – it's a lot like cyber-conversion." He earnestly pondered for a second and asked, "Does that make us Cybermen?"