Chapter 61: Alright

Start from the beginning

"The doctor also mentioned Erwin's been eating horribly and lacking a lot of sleep. They're giving him some fluids because of that," Annie explained, noticing my brief shock.

"You idiot," Levi murmured quietly, standing at the opposite side of me.

I gently took his hand in mine, softly rubbing my thumb back and forth. I blinked, turning back to Annie. "Hey, thank you for sitting with him."

The blonde girl nodded. "I know I'm not as close to him as all of you, but I respect him as much as you do. I won't hesitate to help him if needed."

I gave her a small smile, feeling my heart warm at her words. 2 years ago, Annie wouldn't have moved even if she saw someone dying in front of her. It's hard to believe how much has changed.

All of a sudden, there was a thump from outside the room, surprising us all. Muffled voices were heard through the door, before the door was harshly opened by a frantic-looking brunette.

Mr. Hannes shushed her immediately, as soon as he realized she was going to start screaming.

Hanji quickly shut her mouth and nearly ran over to Erwin, taking his hand from me and holding it to her chest.

"Erwin?" She whimpered, nearly sobbing. I stood there, feeling my heart break as Hanji leaned down enough so she could put Erwin's hand on her face.

Eren and Mikasa came through the door afterwards, followed by a person who I guess was the doctor.

"You kids aren't allowed to run around in here," the doctor warned, his voice kept at a medium-low level. "This is a hospital, not your house."

I glanced at Hanji who was frantically muttering to Erwin endlessly. I take it she was the one who was far too worried to care about anything.

"How is my student?" Mr. Hannes asked, stading beside the doctor with crossed arms.

"After checking his medical records," he began, "I was indeed correct. Mr. Smith has occipital neuralgia. It seems the one your student suffers is caused by a previous head injury."

Previous head injury?

"It's common for them to experience brief attacks, but Mr. Smith got a severe attack, and it only worsened since his body was already at a poor condition. It seems he has a medicine prescription, but I doubt he's been following it until now. And if I heard correctly, he'll be going out on a.... camping trip?"

"Expedition," Mr. Hannes corrected. "It's something similar, but a lot harder."

"How long will it last?"

"Two months."

The doctor looked surprised, but easily pushed his emotions aside. "Right. I will be giving him some anti inflammatory medication and physical therapy sessions that will last up until he goes on his cam-- expedition. If he is still getting constant attacks until a week before he leaves, then I will inject a local anesthetic to his back to numb out the pain for a while."

Mr. Hannes nodded slowly, probably trying to wrap his head on what the guy actually said.

"Oh, he might experience some dizziness after the injection," he added, making his way to Erwin.

The doctor stared at the sleeping man, his eyes gazing over him slowly. "Has he been sleeping the entire time?" He asked Annie.

"Yes."

The doctor nodded. "Alright. Just leave him be."

Turning back to Mr. Hannes, he said, "I'll let him go in about a week or so. Sooner, if he responds well to the medication. You should head down to the main lobby to sort everything out."

He gave a quick glance back. "And please keep the noise to a minimum level, okay?"

"Alright," Eren replied, still standing beside Mikasa.

The doctor gave us one last look before opening the door and stepping out, followed by Mr. Hannes.

I wonder, does that doctor know Eren is the person that will inherit this company and become his boss?

Perhaps not.

I brought my attention back to Hanji, who still held on to Erwin's hand. She was still crying, but there wasn't as much tears as before.

The hand in Hanji's hand twitched, and Erwin let out a small groan, his head tilting slightly.

"Erwin?" Hanji whispered out, her eyes wide.

His eyes slowly blinked open, followed by a small grunt as the light in the room blinded his eyes.

"You're awake!"

"Yeah..." His voice rumbled deeply in his chest. I watched as his clouded blue eyes scan his surroundings, pausing at every person he sees.

"Wow. So many people. Is there a party in here?" He joked halfheartedly.

Hanji gritted her teeth and brought Erwin into a hug, squeezing his broad shoulders.

"A-ah, Hanji, I'm still in pain."

The brunette let go of Erwin as soon as he said that, and he sunk back into his mattress. "I miss you too."

"You had me worried sick! What happened?"

"I was just having a chat with (Y/N), and then, bam-- it just hit me. It was a bad one too. Worse one I've had since a few years."

"What happened to your previous medication?" Levi asked, his face looking mildly concerned.

"I stopped taking it since I wasn't feeling any pain at all. I accidentally bumped my the back of my head on a shelf earlier today, and I'm guessing that's what triggered it back."

"The doctor said this was caused by an injury, Erwin," I stated, curious and relieved at the same time. He seems like he's going to be okay.

"Had a bad tumble down the stairs somewhere in elementary school. Then I got the back of my neck cut by some gang robbery in the beginning of middle school. Wasn't deep enough to kill me, but definitely gave me some impact."

"I'm just glad you're okay," Hanji murmured, lowering her head so it gently leaned on Erwin's shoulder.

"I'm glad too," Erwin murmured back, raising a hand to softly pat Hanji's head.

Oh my god they look so cute together.

Annie stood up from her seat, and excused herself to go back to the school. Erwin thanked for everything and then she left.

Mikasa changed her position into beside Hanji, and Levi was standing on the opposite side, silently watching over his friends.

I stood with Eren, gazing at the close friends huddled together. I glanced at Eren, who then caught my eye.

"Well, what did you want to say?"

Eren stared at me with his wide emerald eyes, before sighing and looking away.

"Nevermind. Forget I said anything."

------------------------------------
So, my crush's birthday is coming up, and I decided to draw him something.

I know he's got a crush on a girl from Webtoon (lol), so I drew him that.

What do you think?

Oh and, GET THOSE ARTS IN!! DM THEM TO ME
IG: @rhina_dandela