CHAPTER TWO

"What's taking him so long?" she asked her self dialing his number for the hundredth time that evening. She was done with the makeup hours ago and her clients have already left but she's here stuck with their grandmother who won't stop blabbing about her son.

"He's a very good boy fa but I don't know how he ended up marrying that slut and since after their divorce, he wouldn't agree to marry again"

Zizi wished she could rip off her heart and reveal the scars to this old woman who wouldn't stop talking about divorce. She needs to see the way her heart breaks at every mention of it.

"You should meet him someday my daughter. You'll get to like him. He's so adorable. " the old woman said adding salt to her injury.

"Could someone be more adorable than her ex husband? He was the definition of everything and the explanation of DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER" she thought. Her phone suddenly began to ring and she couldn't help but make some snoopy dances in her head.

"Thank you Jay for taking forever to come pick me. I'm glad to tell you I've gotten a husband. He's also a divorcee. By the way, where are you?" She said into the phone.

"Azizah!" he said huskily and she froze. She quickly checked the caller ID and to her biggest surprise, it wasn't her Jay but Him. "How dare he call her? " she huffed.

"Are you alright? Is he here to pick you?" the old woman asked. She quickly recovered from her shock and ended the call. Another call came through immediately .

"I'm outside Divorcee" he said then ended the call. She gathered her things and left promising to pay the old woman a visit some day.

"Inform me when you've decided on when to come so I'll inform my son" she said and Azizah simply smiled nodding her head.

Outside, Azizah had to pause and take in few deep breath before she headed to the car. Hearing his voice after all these months birthed a feeling she doesn't know how to describe. It birthed a feeling she has never felt.

Once in the car, she leaned her head on the window and just sat there trying to fight back the memories.

"What's up? " he asked starting the car. She turned and punched him thrice in the arm and chest. "The first one is for taking long to come pick me. The second for rejecting my calls and the third one for... " she paused thinking of the right words to use.

"... for making me pick his call." He couldn't hide the disappointment on his face.

"He called?" he asked removing the sweet from his mouth. She nodded .

"And you picked? " he asked. "This is unbelievable" he added.

"Look Jay! My clients left and I was stuck with their grandmother who kept making attempts to hook me up with her son." she paused panting heavily.

"Wow! So was that why you picked his call so as not to... "

"No Jay! Listen to me. I was calling and you kept rejecting my calls so when a call came through, I picked immediately without bothering to check who it was because I thought it was you."

"Then how is it my fault and why did you have to punch me for it."

She knew not to talk when he's angry and keeps on ranting but she is also very angry at him for putting fault on her and refusing to understand .

"Because you caused it Jay. Had it been you came and picked me on time, then this wouldn't have happened. "

"When will you stop blaming others for your mistakes. Do you think I was relaxed doing nothing all this while?"