10k Bonus Chapter

Mulai dari awal

"Awwww, Parker! This is really sweet! I-I'm going to cry." She sniffled. Parker wrapped his arms around her to pull her into a hug, wondering if his excuse had been enough to lay off her suspicions. It worked...?

"That doesn't explain why you're all dressed up, though," she mumbled into his shirt. Dammit.

"I knew you wouldn't mind, necessarily, if I dressed up a little." He responded smugly.

"I have no complaints." Aurora admitted, making him laugh and kiss her forehead. They continued walking in a comfortable silence. Parker loved the feeling of bliss he had with Aurora. He had known for a long time that this was the woman he could live with forever, the woman he couldn't live without. Today had to be perfect. He smiled to himself as he tugged her hand and led her off the path.

"Parker, why are we leaving the path?" she said worriedly. Parker laughed.

"Wow, nothing escapes you does it?" She rolled her eyes. "Well, Aurora, I just wanted to talk. In private." He added. He swung their arms as they walked. They wandered through the woods, talking and laughing.

After a while, Aurora started to notice Parker's indecisive steps and the way he kept changing the direction he was leading them. He became distracted, mumbling in response to her and he kept looking around.

"You're lost aren't you?" She sighed. Parker scoffed.

"What?! No, psh, of course not." Aurora gave him a look. "Okay, maybe a little."

"What are we supposed to do?" she murmured as she looked around the densely packed trees. The surrounding scene had just been so beautiful; now it was becoming kind of creepy.

Parker gripped her hand comfortingly. "Trust me." He said, and he began walking.

"What?" Aurora said, confused. She stumbled along as Parker forged ahead.

"Do you--do you know where we're going...?"

"Nah."

Soon the trees, began to thin, and they they burst out into the open. Aurora gasped. They were on a cliff overlooking the Silver Lake. The sun had begun to set, sending streaks of orange and purple into the sky. The lake shone like pure silver. The surrounding forests seemed to sway and sigh. A warm breeze ruffled her hair. Calling the scene beautiful would be an insult.

Realizing that Parker wasn't next to her, Aurora turned around, brimming with excitement. She was about to ask him what he thought of the view when she froze. Her heart nearly stopped beating. Parker was down on one knee. All she could do was gape at him, speechless.

Parker pulled a small box from his pocket. Aurora's hands flew to her mouth. Over and over 'is this a dream?' flashed through her mind. Parker told her how much he loved her, and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Her vision blurred with tears as Parker opened the box. In the light, the ring sparkled. He paused for a moment, collecting himself, before saying the words she wanted to hear.

"Aurora Glass, will you marry me?"

Aurora inhaled shakily, and wiped away her tears. She opened her mouth but couldn't speak, too overwhelmed. She was silent.

"Rorie, my knee is hurting." Parker complained.

"S-sorry. Of course I will marry you." Aurora gave a teary laugh. He stood up, looking a little relieved. They kissed, feeling the world melt away until they were the only people left. Parker took Aurora's hand and put the ring on her finger.

"It's a perfect fit." He said, proud of himself for his master detective work figuring out her ring size.

Finally, the rush of emotions that had been building up hit her like a brick wall, and out came the waterworks. Parker chuckled, hugging Aurora tightly as she continued bawling. She closed her eyes and leaned against his chest. They stood together for a minute, before she spoke.

"You know that when we fight, I'm going to say I'm right, right?"

"I will let you win, every time."

"You know I'm going to drive you crazy, right?"

"You already do, so not much will change." At her look, he hastily added, "but I mean that in the most affectionate way possible..?"

She sighed, rolling her eyes at him. Though looking at Parker's face, she couldn't hold back a smile.

"I still can't believe you proposed."

"I still can't believe you said yes."

"Of course I said yes. Did you ask me thinking I would say no?"

"Well...maybe?"

"Nah. You're stuck with me. Forever." She looked lovingly at her ring. "You always were, you know. It's just that.... now, it's official."