Chapter 3 :french fries and half a burger

"Good morning beautiful"

Jooheon says without preamble, slamming his lunch tray down onto the table. The plate of burger and fries jumps but amazingly no food falls down.
"Did you get food yet or do want me to do it? " he smiles .
"No im fine" (y/n) says lowering her eyes.

The cafeteria of the school is huge but warm it always smells of coffee beans and pastery .

Conversations echo off the walls from the students sitting at the scattred white tables around them .

There's a weak sunshine peeking through the large windows and rays of the broken light reflected on the ceiling.
Some of The windows are open for airation, a cold breeze ruffles ’s hair (y/n) every once in a while hurting her left cheek sending shivers down her spine.

Jooheon is silent and (y/n) doesn't  need to look up to know his eye are glued on her. its now. she should get on her knees and beg for forgiveness because no matter how bad you're feeling you do not ignore your best friend especially if its the boy with dimples deeper then the grand canion the sweetest  babybean  lee jooheon.

Maybe if (y/n) was a better person she would've answered his messeges and voice mails .
He did leave her a rap verse at 3am( something he recorded while crying and sniffing )Something about Destiny And... believing ?
she should've memorized it too.
what an awful friend she is .

yet here was jooheon smiling at her gaze soft .asking her if he should get her food .

She looks up and meets her friend's gaze  "Joo" " joo .."I ...im so sor .."
She wants to speak but she doesnt get to finish her phrase. a heavy lump forming in her throat ,her heart chenches painfully .
jooheon tilts his head, fingers reaching to touch (y/n)'s bangs.

"Let’s dye our hair " he finally says after a few moment
"the red is starting to fade. Im kind of sad about it  ,you said it really suits me . But going for red again… I don’t know. I actually have this great idea—"

"Jooheon " (y/n) intrupts but has no idea what she wants to say to him .

What are you supposed to say when you mess things up? (y/n) is a good student but They don't  teach you this stuff at school.
What do you say when you hurt someone ? Words are never enough anyway . Words could never confined to jooheon how sorry she really is  .

But maybe her friend already knows how she feels because the next thing that leaves his lips leaves her in tears .

"Yeah i know I've missed you too .you brat! " jooheon smiles his dimple smile he one (y/n) loves the most and she can't help but grin at her friend.

"Here have some fries " jooheon says flicking a a fry into (y/s)’s shoulder before splitting his burger and shoving half of it into her hands
"Eat " he commands "i dont want people thinking im starving you or something "
He Pouts at his food bringing another smile to her lips .

She can’t help but wonder how jooheon did this, how he’s been all this time, why he isn't  mad at her like he should be . But she shoves those thoughts into the back of his mind .

Because she already knows Sometimes people are lucky enough to find a  friend like hers .

someone who is still willing to laugh at your lame jokes even if you've told them before over three times .

Someone who's willing to share their food with you  even if its their favorite .
Someone who only laughs when they wake up to find that you've dyed their hair a blazing  red while they were sleeping peacefully on your sofa waiting for you to come home from your photography class.

At least (Y/n) is lucky like that right ? Not every one can have a freind .

She still has jooheon and he's still willing to let her dye his hair after her stupid behavior the thought alone allowed her to breathe much easier.

"maybe baby blue this time" .she says between her bites . it would suit him well.

                              💙💙💙

Sorry it took so long its because i dont know what its like to have  friends .