17- The Winter Solider

Sam speeds down the highway, all of us getting anxious.
"HYDRA doesn't like leaks" Sitwell says to us.
"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it" I say to him.
"Insights launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here" Nat says.
"I know. We will use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly"Steve says.

 We will use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly"Steve says

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea" Sitwell cries out. Just then we hear a thump on the roof, the window shatters as an arm reaches in, pulling Sitwell out and throwing him into traffic, killing him instantly.

 Just then we hear a thump on the roof, the window shatters as an arm reaches in, pulling Sitwell out and throwing him into traffic, killing him instantly

There's gun shots and I shove Natasha down and I flip over onto Steve's lap. I create a force field as Steve grabs the emergency break, causing the car to stop. The person goes flying off the car and rolls before landing perfectly. I look to see it's him, The Winter Solider.

Nat gets up and is about to shoot when we are rammed from behind. Sam steps on the gas going towards the Winter Solider. He flips onto the car and I lose my focus on my force field. He smashes through the front window and grabs the steering wheel.

 He smashes through the front window and grabs the steering wheel

"Shit" Sam says as the wheels is pulled off and tossed away. Natasha then manages to start shooting at the solider. He jumps off the car and onto the truck behind us. We are rammed again and I hold onto Steve tighter. Steve then starts to bang on the door with his shield. 
"Hold on" he says as he manages to break the door. I try to create my force field again but I can't for some reason.
"I can't use my powers" I say panicking.
"I've got you" Steve smiles and he holds onto me tightly.

The three of us manage to grab the door and we all go flying out. Steve lets me go and I look at Nat as I slowly stand up, "go" I say to her. She runs towards the stopped cars and I look to see agents have joined him. Just then the solider grabs what looks like a rocket launcher.

"Steve!" I shout.
He holds up his shield, "can you use your powers?" He asks. I try to focus again and only a tiny spurt of energy comes out.
"No" I say. He grabs me tightly as he holds his SHIELD up as we are hit. The two of us go flying off the bridge, and somehow my force field kicks back in.

I manage to protect the two of us but it starts to fizzle and we crash into a bus. Steve lets me go and we roll across the floor. I bang my head, and feel a sharp pain in my leg. I look to see glass in my leg and Steve flat on his stomach. I can hear gunfire and slowly crawl to Steve.

"Steve, Steve" I say trying to wake him. I try to look out a nearby window, and see Natasha shooting at the Winter Solider. I manage to get Steve awake, "You okay?" He asks.
"I will be" I say suddenly bullets blast through the bus. Steve grabs me and we run through the bus. We crash out the back and roll. Steve grabs his shield, protecting us blocking each shot.

"Can you use your powers yet?" Steve asks me. I focus and I can feel something happening. I manage to blasts energy at the agents.
"I guess so" I smile as him. I continued to blasts them and Steve manages to cause bullets to fly back at them. I follow Steve behind a nearby car, when we hear shots from above.
"Go, I got this" we hear Sam shout.
I help cover Steve, "go find Natasha" he orders. I look at him and I know it's now or never and I lean in and kiss him.

I smile as I pull away and take off, going towards Natasha

I smile as I pull away and take off, going towards Natasha. I see the Winter Solider and I manage to blast at him.

I jump behind a car and see Nat just ahead. I hear footsteps and look under the car. I roll under it and then hear Natasha's voice and realize she lefts a recording to throw the solider off. That's when a car nearby explodes and Nat rushes out and attacks the Winter Solider. I manage to get out from where I was and blast at him. We both manage to throw him off and Nat throws a device at his arm.
"Run!" She yells at me. We both do so, watching over our shoulders.
"Run get out of the way!" We both shout at the civilians. As we run a shots ring out and I push Natasha down. I feel pain in my shoulder and reach up and touch it, seeing blood on my hand. I get to Natasha and we both look around. We see the Winter Solider, and Steve goes running at him.

Natasha comes toward me, "I need to put pressure on that wound" she says.
"No, I'll be okay we need to help Steve" I tell her.
"You die that's not on me" she says. The two of us crawl behind cars trying to get close enough to help Steve.

I see Steve manage to flip the solider over his mask coming off. As he looks at Steve, Steve freezes up.

 As he looks at Steve, Steve freezes up

"Bucky" I hear Steve say.
"Who the hell is Bucky?" The Winter Solider asks. As he goes to go after Steve, Sam flies in wearing his falcon wings knocking the solider down. He gets back up and goes to fire his gun when I blasts at him and Natasha fires a grenade launcher. The smoke clears and the Winter Solider is gone.

I make my way to Steve and we stand there. We hear sirens and before we know it we are surrounded.
"Drop the shield, Cap! On your knees! Get on your knees now! Now! Get down! Get down!" We hear voices shouting at us. We hold our hands up and then are knocked down. I have handcuffs placed on me.
"Don't move!" Rumlow orders.
We hear helicopters, "Put the guns down, not here" Rumlow orders the agents.
"Yeah, wouldn't want the world to see you kill Captain America and Emerald" I say snarkly. We are then escorted into nearby trucks. We are tossed into the truck with Sam and Natasha. The doors are slammed shut behind us and we begin to move.