5- Mission

I head to my locker and punch in my passcode and it opens. I pull out my emerald green and black jumpsuit. I get undressed and pull the suit on and start to zip up the back when it gets stuck. "Shoot!" I yell.

"You okay Cassandra?" I hear Steve ask.
"Just zipper issues" I call back.
"Need help?" He asks as he comes over with his uniform on and his shield on his back. He's turned away from me.

"If you don't mind, the zippers stuck" I says to him. I turn around and he comes over . I feel his fingers gently graze my skin as he takes the zipper. I hold my hair up and he gives a yank on the zipper and it loosens and he zips it all the way up. His hand lingers on the back on neck for a second and I feel my heart begin to race.

"I wish mine did up in the front like Nats" I say as I turn around to face him. We are extremely close to each other and his hand slips off the back of my neck and onto my face. I let my hair down as I then place my hand around his neck looking into his eyes.

My heart beats even faster as our lips almost touch when we hear the intercom "Agent Austin and Captain Rogers you are wanted on the tarmac

My heart beats even faster as our lips almost touch when we hear the intercom "Agent Austin and Captain Rogers you are wanted on the tarmac."

"We should"  "Yeah I'll meet you there" we say together. Steve then moves away and heads off to leave the room. What just happened I think to myself, you almost kissed I think back.

I slip on my boots and finish getting ready and leave the locker room. I head back out toward the tarmac and see Natasha standing there waiting for me.

"Took you long enough"she smirks, "you better get on board quick, STRIKE mission and you know how Rumlow gets." She said and I follow her on board.  As I board I see Steve, we immediately avoid eye contact and I think Nat catches it. An hour later and the jets out above the ocean and Rumlow is going over the mission.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform. The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them 93 minutes ago" Rumlow explains.

"Any demands?" I ask.
"A billion and a half"Rumlow answers.
"Why so steep?" Steve then asks.
"Because it's SHIELD" we are told.
"So it's not off course, it's trespassing" I say.
"I'm sure they have a good reason" Natasha says.

"You know I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor"Steve says annoyance in his voice.
"I'm with him" I agree still avoiding looking at him though.
"Relax, it's not that complicated" Natasha says to the two of us and I give her a look feeling like she knows more then she's saying.

"How many pirates?" Steve then asks.
"Twenty five, top mercs, led by this guy" a photo is shown on the screen.
"George Batroc, ex DGSE action division. He's at the top of interpols red notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty six kill missions. This guy has a rep for maximum casualties" I say to everyone. "What I do a lot of research on bad guys" I say after getting an quizzical look from Steve.

"Hostages?" He then says looking back at Rumlow.
"Uh mostly techs, one officer and" another photo appears, "Jasper Sitwell"
"What is Sitwell doing on an launch ship?" Steve asks but gets no answer.
"Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Romanoff and Blake you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow you sweep back, find the hostages get them to the life boats, get them out. Let's move" Steve orders us all.

"STRIKE , you heard the Captain gear up" Rumlow orders. All of us gather our gear and put in ear pieces.
"Secure channel seven" I hear Steve say through my ear piece.
"Seven secure" Natasha replies. "So did you do anything fun Saturday?" She then asks him.

"Well, all the guys in my barbershop quartet are dead so.. no" he jokes back and I let out a small laugh.
"Coming up on the drop zone, Cap" we hear the pilot say and we move towards the back of the jet.
"You know if you ask Kristen from statistics, she'd probably say yes" Natasha says to him and I suddenly have a feeling inside me that feels like jealousy.
"That's why I don't ask" he replies and my feeling goes away. The back of the jet opens.

"Too shy or too scared?" She asks him.
"Too busy" he replies as he jumps out of the back with no parachute not surprising me or Natasha.

"Was he wearing a parachute" another agent asks.

"No, no he wasn't" I reply as I then also jump out following Steve into the water below

"No, no he wasn't" I reply as I then also jump out following Steve into the water below. I create my force field and watch him crash into the water. He climbs up a ladder on the side of he boat and I then land gracefully beside him.
"Show off" He smiles at me and I smirk right back.