8- Visiting The Past

As I contemplate everything that is going on I see Steve walk away from Nick, anger on his face. I went to chase after Steve when Nick stopped me. "You do understand why we created this don't you?" He asks me.

 "You do understand why we created this don't you?" He asks me

"I can try to. I'll go talk to him" I say.
"I hope you two can understand in time" Nick says as I walk away. I enter the elevator to see that Steve had waited for me.
"You don't think what they created is okay do you?" He asks me as the elevator moves.
"Yes and No" I say back, seeing that's not the answer he wants.
"What that is, is just as bad as HYDRA" he says.
"No wonder Nick didn't want to tell us" I say.
"Makes me trust him less and less" Steve replies.
"Nick has been taking care of me since I was 18, I know I've had issues with what he has done in the past, but this may be good" I tell him.
"You're defending him" he says back a slight raise in his voice.
"No, I'm just trying to make you understand" I say as the elevator stops.
"There's nothing to understand" he says as we walk off and he goes toward the locker rooms. "We were lied to Cassandra. Our mission could have been compromised and what they have created if it falls into the wrong hands is going to cause panic and chaos" he continues.
"Then we will stop that from happening together" I say.
"I'm sorry" he says.
"It's okay, now go get changed and I'll tell you where I want us to go" I say to him. He heads off to get changed and I head down to the garage to wait for him.

I stand by the door waiting for him and he finally appears. "So where are we going?" He asks me.
"The Smithsonian" I say back. We then head towards his motorcycle.
"Hop on" he smiles at me as he gets on the motorcycle.
"Umm I can just take a car" I say hesitant about riding on his bike.
"Don't you trust me?" He asks.
"You I trust, that metal horse I don't" I say to him.
"You told me I could drive, and you trust me" he smiles.
"Yes I trust you" I say as he helps me hop on to the bike.
"Just hold onto me tightly" Steve says as he revs the engine and starts the motorcycle. I wrap my arms around his waist tight as I can and nuzzle my face into the back of his neck.
"I'm not going to let anything happen to you" I hear Steve say as he drives off out of the garage.

I feel the wind whip by and he weaves in and out of traffic. I keep my eyes shut the entire time, to scared to look at everything whizzing by. The bike slowly comes to a stop, "you can let go now Cassandra" I hear Steve say. I take my arms off him and he helps me off.
"So, we are here what did you want to show me?" Steve asks me as I dig through my bag and toss him a baseball cap.
"You're gonna want to wear that and keep it down low" I tell him and he puts the hat on.
"Come on" I say as I take his hand and lead him inside the building. I see signs pointing to the exhibit I want trying to not allow Steve to notice.

As we entered the room we hear a voice, "A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honour, bravery, and sacrifice" Steve looks at me and smiles.
"Go ahead look around" I tell and I let go of his hand. I look around at the exhibit, in awe of everything. I knew most of Steve's history, but to see it up close and personal was amazing, I glance over at Steve just as a little boy was staring at him. I watch as Steve smiles at the boy and places a finger to his lips, telling he boy to be quiet. The boy just nods and walks away.

I walk towards him and he looks at the mannequins wearing his old suits

"Amazing isn't it" I say to him.
"Yeah it is" he replies as he moves on to the next display. I notice his face sadden and it's one about Bucky Barnes, his best friend.

"We can leave if it's too much" I tell him.
"No, it's really great that they did this" he says.
"But it makes you miss him" I say looking at him.
"Yeah, yeah it does" he says and we move to the next room, and Steve looks up as he hears a familiar voice.

"That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve.. Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would..who would become my husband as it turned out. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life"

I watch as Steve pulls out a old looking compass, inside is a very young looking Peggy Carter.
"We can go see her" I suggest.
"You sure?" He asks me.
"Yeah, I can see my grandmother since they do live at the same home" I tell him as I take his hand and we leave the museum.