13- Nightmare

As we drive to New Jersey I decided to close my eyes but I'm unable to fall asleep.
"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" I hear Nat ask Steve.
"Nazi Germany, and we are burrowing. Take your feet off the dash" I hear him say back.

"Alright, I have a question, which you do not have to answer

"Alright, I have a question, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though you're kind of answering it, you know?" I hear Nat ask Steve.
"What?" He asks.
"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Natasha asks.
"Did it look that bad?" He asks her.
"I didn't say that" she denies.
"Well it kind of sound like that's what you're saying" Steve implies.
"No I didn't but I just wondered how much practice you've had?" Natasha asks her.
"You don't need practice" Steve says and I can picture his face flushed.
"Everybody needs practice" I hear Nat say and picture her smirk.
"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five not dead" Steve says.
"Nobody special though" Natasha then asks.
Steve let's out a light laugh, "believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experiences" I hear him answer.
"I'm pretty sure there is someone special and she's in the backseat" I hear Natasha say to Steve. I wait to hear what he says but he doesn't say anything instead he tries to change the subject "And what about you?" He says changing the subject and I decide to close my eyes and get some rest instead.

"Steve"  I yell as I watch him fight the Winter Solider. He takes his mask off allowing the soldier to continue punching him. The helicarrier then explodes and I watch Steve fall down into the water below. "No" I scream.

We are surrounded by copies of the Iron legionnaires. Fighting them off I blast them away from Steve. I see a girl who is using red whisps of magic to fight them off and there is a boy who is running around very fast.

I watch Steve fight against Tony and I have to fight Natasha. I don't want to hurt her but I have to. Suddenly I am holding Steve and someone else off of Tony and I have to watch Steve walk away and I'm heartbroken.

I see myself standing in a conference room as I smile seeing the man I had loved for so long. Suddenly I am in a jungle with him and there is a ring on my finger. We are fighting off aliens from all over. A giant purple titan appears and I watch as my friends fall from fighting against him. There's a flash of light and people start to turn to dust, and I get scared that Steve will go too.

"NO!" I scream as I sit up in the back seat

"NO!" I scream as I sit up in the back seat. Steve slams on the breaks and I bolt out of the car. I run onto what seems like an old army base and I try to catch my breath. I then feel strong arms wrap around me.

"It's okay, it's okay" I hear Steve gently say as he rubs my back bringing me back to reality.
"Does this happen a lot?" I hear Natasha say.
"How long?" Steve asks avoiding her question.
"They never stopped" I cry to him. He just holds me for a few minutes and all my worries seem to disappear.
"Does anyone want to explain?" Natasha asks.
"Cassandra has dreams that sometimes come true" Steve explains to her.
"Oh, is that how you knew about Loki?" She asks me and I just shake my head yes.
"I'm sorry Cassie" She says.

I pull away from Steve, " it's just part of my genes, my grandma gets them too" I explain.
"Seems that Steve helps calm you down" she smirks at me.
"I'm just helping her Natasha" he says to her.
"Anyway is this the place?" I say trying to change the subject.
"The file came from these coordinates" Nat tells me.
"So did I" Steve then says.
"Let's look around and see if we can figure out where the signal came from" Natasha then says.
"You guys go ahead, I just need some time" I tell them. I watch Steve nod to Natasha and she walks away. "Please Steve, Just give me a few minutes to regroup myself" I say to him as I sit down on an empty crate.

 "Please Steve, Just give me a few minutes to regroup myself" I say to him as I sit down on an empty crate

Steve kneels down in front of me and takes my hand, "I am not leaving you alone" he says.
I look into his blue eyes, "Thank you Steve, you don't know how much this means"
"In case you haven't noticed I... umm.. I..umm care about you a lot" He then tells me as he tries to look away.  I gently place my hand on his chin and turn his face to look at me. I give him a sweet kiss on the cheek.
"I care about you too" I smile at him.

"We should go look around, Natasha's probably wondering where we are" he says as he stands up. He holds his hand out and I take it as he helps me up. I don't let go as we walk around the base and we find Nat.
"I have an odd feeling about this place you may want this" She the hands Steve his shield.
"You find anything yet?" I ask her.
"Not yet, but I'll let you know if I do" she walks away leaving us alone.  I can tell being back here is taking a toll on Steve.
"This camp is where I was trained" he tells me.
"Changed much?" I ask.
"A little" he answers and I look at him seeing that he's being hit with a memory.

"You okay?" I ask him.
"Yeah, I will be" he says.
"Hey, we will figure this all out" I say to him. We then walk around and find Natasha, she glances at our hands but doesn't say a word just smiles.

<<<Authors Note>>>
Well there it is Cassandra and Steve realize they like each other!!!!