"You picked the wrong warehouse, bitch. Where are your friends?"

"I'm by myself."

The man punched Kita in the stomach. "Where are they?"

Kita coughed as she doubled over. The two men on either side of her forced her to stand up.

"There's no one here but me."

"Then what are these two pieces of junk doing in my warehouse?"

Oh, girl. Think fast. "I—I was going to strip them down and sell them for parts."

"Who would buy this junk?" demanded the man.

"Collectors, dealers, restorers. It's hard to find parts for seventies vehicles."

"You picked the wrong warehouse to set up shop, sweetheart." The man pulled a gun from behind him. He whistled loudly, and five more men trotted over from around the warehouse.

"Oh, come on," said Kita. "I'll give you a cut. Ten percent. I just need a few days. I already have the contacts."

"Do I look like I need to run a cheap chop shop? What I deal in is much more valuable."

"Come on. Everyone can use some extra cash. You don't have to do anything. I'll do all the labor and legwork."

"And leave a mess in my warehouse. No thanks." He raised his gun.

"Give me a broom. I'll clean up. It'll look better than when I got here. It's a win-win for you."

"You want to help me? My boys have been working overtime on this latest shipment. And now, they have to get this junk out of here. I owe them. And I'm going to give them you."

"ME! Trust me, I'm no good. Inexperienced." Understatement.

"By the time they're done with you, you'll have all the experience you need. Feel free to knock her teeth down her throat. I don't want to see her again. When you're finished, get this junk out of here."

By the Crushing Depths, no! Kita threw herself into the man next to her, knocking him over. She spun and kicked the other man in the crotch. Someone grabbed her from behind. Kita kicked her legs up into the air and drove her heel into his groin. She dropped to the floor and landed on her stomach.

"Arcee!" Kita screamed as another man grabbed her leg. She rolled on her side and kicked at his hand.

Arcee transformed and leaped into the air. She fired at two men, her cannon shells blasting through their chests. She landed next to the man who had Kita. Arcee grabbed him by the head and slammed it into the concrete floor.

The leader and rest of his men ran out of the warehouse. Arcee ran to the warehouse divider door. She returned to Kita shaking her head. "Sorry, Kita. They got away. Are you ok?"

Kita threw her arms around Arcee and hugged her tight. I will not cry. I will not cry. Nothing happened. It's just adrenaline. I just need to let it clear my system.

Arcee put her arms around Kita. After a few deep breaths, Kita didn't feel so overwhelmed or on edge. She snuggled against Arcee's black metal midsection. It was layered like armor and was warm.

Kita let out a long sigh of relief and contentment. She looked up at Arcee, who comically craned her neck down so she could look at Kita as her blue eyes glowed brightly.

"I'll be ok. I just have to let the moment pass and let me regain my equilibrium. I'm sorry. I don't mean to hug you to death."

Arcee chuckled and stroked the back of Kita's head. "I don't think you could crush me. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough with me to find solace."