29| choices

R e c a p :

R e c a p :

* Nick gets into a heated argument with someone over Melody's pics resurfacing
* Bree stops it before it can get physical or violent
* She gives Nick a reality check
* Nick & Bree share a hug, a moment and confession about fears; a moment of clarity for Nick where he realises he needs to put some distance between them
* Chase confronts Nick and asks him to back off
* Bree runs into Chase, and there's a revelation about the events that lead up to Melody's situation
* Frank, Nick's father, executes Quinn back in Manhattan. Finds out about his wife's betrayal
* Claire finds out Chase hurt Bree and immediately tries to get Mel to end all of it once and for all, but ends up alienating her instead

| Chapter 29 |

choices |

BREE ran her tongue over her bottom lip, tasting the sweet tinge of juice lingering on her mouth from the apple she'd just finished eating.

Her thumb kept pressing down on the arrow of the remote every seven seconds, switching channels on the small dorm-appropriate sized television that sat against the wall right next to the room's door.

She clicked on the button,

"I believe in us," a guy on the screen was saying. And then he punched the guy standing in front of him. "I believe--"

Bree clicked on the button again,

"Breaking news -- the seizure of a shipment of cocaine rumoured to have ties to the Crawford car--"

Click.

"Super Bowl 2019, New England Patriots beat Los Angeles Rams 13-3, as it happened--"

Click.

"An officer with the United States Marshal Service was found dead in lower Manhattan earlier this week. Officer Quinn--"

Click.

"The shooting of nine year old in Ohio sparks nationwide outrage as officers responsible walk free," a woman was saying, eyes burning into the camera. "Allegations made about the shooting being a hate crime--"

Click.

"US Marshal identified as Quinn Newburg was found dead earlier this week," a news anchor informed the viewers, "although details haven't been shared yet, a source confirms the death being caused by a gunshot wound. Investigations are still going on, but authorities so far are being tight-lipped about the fallen officer."