ii

Huro shivers in the New York cold wind, holding his coat closer to his frostbitten body. His job had given him another late night and thankfully he hadn't run into his younger brother this time. The night was cold and strangely silent, unsettling the teenager but he was undeterred, making ends meet was more important.

The kunai hidden in his clothing brushes against his skin with every step, serving as a reassurance that he knows how to defend himself and he is armed. He feels better at the reminder and picks up the pace, wanting to get home to get as much sleep as possible for later. His steps are quiet but still feels booming loud in the stillness of his environment. 

He feels eyes crawl on the expanse of his back, slowly but surely starting from a vague feeling to a certainty that Huro sensed in his gut. His beat up sneakers start picking up the pace, a burning need to get away encouraging him to start jogging, hand ready to pull out his kunai. Finally he slips into an alley and pulls out his weapon, steady and ready to attack whoever was following him. 

Green eyes peer into the alleyway and black paws step through the bounds of trash scattered across the pavement. The cat meows up at Huro, blinking up at him as it sits calmly in place. Huro sighs in relief, pocketing his Kunai and crouching down. "Hey lil guy." He greets, starting to pet the cat as it purrs and pushes it's small head into his calloused palm. 

He feels something dig into his back and Huro falls onto his chest from the weight, the cat scampers off, startled. "Hey lil guy." A woman's voice echoes, Huro turns his head, his cheek smooshing into the dirty concrete. 

The woman wore silver and black clothing and had matching hair and accessories, strangely enough her eyes and lips are painted a stark red that contrast her pale skin and hazel eyes. Her most distinguishing trait is a blonde streak in her hair. Her crimson stained lips turn up into a smirk, eyes dark and mischievous with an unknown weapon pressing into Huro's back.