Chapter 18:

Ashleigh's pov

"Pfff, says you!" I laugh.

For the past twenty minutes Eve and I have been bickering.

Eve giggles. "I'm just saying, you look like a kid in a candy store when new horses arrive"

I roll my eyes. "Easy for you to say, Miss Fancy Pants. You're use to being around crazy expensive horses all the time. I'm from the city, I would be lucky if I could even see Venus more then three times a week"

"-I can't help myself" I defend.

Eve puts her hands up in surrender still laughing at my expense.

After tightening Beauty's girth and doing an equipment check, I clip on my helmet. Today we were getting a combined lesson from both Felix and Harry. Eve and I had no idea as to what was in store, but we were excited.

Not to mention, it was almost spring break. Meaning we would have no school and it would be my birthday. I didn't usually do much for my birthday, but this year I wanted it to be horse related. I haven't exactly told Eve though... I just hinted it to her. I just didn't want to make a big fuss about it. She gave me a horse for Christmas! I didn't need anything else.

"Hey, we should do something fun during spring break? Maybe we could go camping and take the horses? I don't know, is that lame?" I ask frowning.

Eve rolls her eyes. "You're actually the most random person ever. But no, that does sound like a lot of fun. We'll have to run it by my parents and the girls first"

"If it's to much trouble, I'm sure we can do other stuff. Like binge watch the FEI world cup series? Or a horse movie marathon" I suggest with a grin.

"We'll see" Eve laughs, putting her helmet on too.

I shrug, not really minding. I already had everything I could possibly want. Two of my own phenomenal horses, and of course Florence to ride while they were recovering. An awesome best friend. A chance of getting a scholarship to Elliot Falls Academy. And finally, I was surrounded by an equestrian community that felt like family.

What else could I possibly want?

"Earth to Ashleigh" I hear Eve say, waving a hand in my face.

I roll my eyes once again. "Yes, I hear you"

"You ready?" She asks.

Making sure I had everything, I give her a nod and we make our way to the arena.

...

"You want us to do what?" I ask, trying to suppress a giggle.

The girls shook their heads in amusement as the boys try explaining the game. We all were in groups of three, making two teams all together. Group one was Sky, Felix and Eve. Meanwhile, the second group was Jewel, Harry and myself.

Felix scratches his head with uncertainty while Harry blushes. Eve and I couldn't hold back our giggles. This game was something I've played since I was a kid.

I'm sure everyone knows what I mean, the egg on spoon race. And yes, I did say ever since I was a kid. So yes, that does mean I still play it on the odd occasion. Can you blame me though? I think it's absolutely hilarious to watch. Even though I haven't done it in about a year, it was going to be interesting to see how well everyone goes.

"It's like an ice breaker game, to see how confident the horses are in completing unknown activities" Felix says.

Harry pats his horse England. "This isn't really meant to be competition, it's more about having fun and using our teamwork skills"