Chapter 21: Shooting Stars Get You Nowhere:

Jonathan POV:
I lunged for him, screaming at him for letting my sister lose her memory. Of course, I knew it wasn't his fault, but I was so, so angry. " Jonathan, stop! It's not Jace's fault!" Clary shrieked. I ignored him, punching him in the face. He didn't retaliate, just stood there. I felt 3 pairs of hands dragging me away, but I broke free, kicking him. He was up now, making it easier to kick him. Tears fell down my face. " It's your fault!" I screeched. " You loved her! How could you!" He got angry now, pushing me back. " You think I planned it?" He screamed back, hands in fists. " I didn't want it to happen, but there wasn't anything I could do!"
" You could saved her!" We were equally angry now. " I tried! Can't you see I tried? It kills me everyday to look at her!" He punched the wall, creating a hole in the plaster and walking off. " Jon." Clary whispered, staring at me.
" Clary..." I stopped. I looked around and when I saw everyone looking at me, I ran away.
Time Lapse:
" Jon..." Clary came up behind me, resting her arms on the balcony rail like me. " Did you take your pills today?" She asked me, not turning her head to me. " No." I said grimly.
" Jon, you know you have to." She sighed. " That's why you lashed out at Jace." I was very short-tempered and had special pills to manage my anger. " I know, Clary, it's just hard." I said dropping my head into my hands. " It's a beautiful view isn't it?" She asked me. " Yeah." I laughed. " I've always been jealous of their house." Clary giggled. Turning to me she spoke. " Jon, I missed you." She threw her arms around my neck. " A shooting star!" Clary screeched" Make a wish!"

" Clary, shooting stars get you nowhere." I told her, matter-o-factly.
" Shut up." She playfully pushed me, closing her eyes, making a wish. " So where were you?" She drew back. I motioned to the bed, and we sat down. " I ran away. Because of da- Valentine." I started. She nodded, knowing we both had trouble calling him dad. " I met Bridgett. She took me in and for 3 months we were just like best friends. Then, for 6 months we were going out. We still are." I took a deep breath. " She's coming to New York in a week. You can meet her. She's an artist." I added. Her eyes lit up and I laughed. " Wait. Where did this happen?" She asked, confused. " Peru." I answered her. " OK." She nodded, yawning. " I'm tired." She yawned again, lying back on the bed. " Wait!" She called as I walked out. " Sleep with me?" She asked. " Nightmares?" I answered with a question. She nodded and I slipped into bed. " Night Clare-Bear."I murmured. We both fell asleep in each others arms, like old times.