Confrontation

Michael pulled me close to him and inhaled, smelling me. "You came back." His whispered. He pulled back and studied my face. "I told my mother you didn't leave. I told her that the pack killed Joel and kidnapped you." He smiled. "I told her you wouldn't willingly leave. She didn't believe me. She said you left willingly." He pulled me close again but when I didn't respond or move, he pushed away from me and stared at me. "That is what happened, right?" I didn't answer. "Right?! You did't leave me, did you?!" His hands began to tighten on my arms and I winced but I refused to play the game anymore. "Your mother was right." I made my voice as cold as I could. "I planned my escape. I put something in your dinner to make you sick so you couldn't run with me and I left." He made a hurt sound deep in his throat and pushed me to the ground. I heard a growl behind me and saw Dustin. Michael saw him too and he laughed bitterly. "Is this you replaced me with?" He grabbed my arm and jerked me to my feet. "You whore." Dustin tried to come forward but I held up my free arm and he stopped. "I want to be the one to kill him after everything he did to me." Michael shook me violently. "You kill me? You wish." I looked him in the eye and I made myself remember everything that he had done. I felt hate and anger rise to the surface. I drew my free arm back and punched him with all if my strength. Once in the throat and as he choked, I punched him in the face and heard bones crack. He let me go and I stumbled but kept my feet. He shook his head and laughed. "I didn't know you had it in you." He laughed again and suddenly lunged at me. We hit the ground in a tangle of limbs.

Waine stood on the bloody grass with pack members behind him. People were coming to him to ask to join the pack. There were women by themselves. Women with their children. Even some men. Some of the mutts put their children with the others who were waiting for their turn and left them. Disappearing into the night. The smell of blood, the cries of women and children and the sound of mutts begging for mercy filled the night.

I would gain the upper-hand but Michael would quickly take it. I could see Dustin fidgeting. Wanting to jump in and save me. Michael loomed over me. "I loved you! I could have picked anyone but I picked you!" He wrapped his hands around my throat. I won't die like this. I brought my hand up and stabbed two fingers into his eye. He screamed and tried to get away. I hooked my fingers and popped his eye out. He scrambled away from me and tried to put his eye back into the socket. I got up and slowly walked towards him. He looked at me with his good eye and whispered, "please." I grabbed his head and snapped his neck.

We started walking back to the picnic area. "That was brutal." Dustin said and I chuckled darkly. I had killed someone again and I didn't know how to feel. I hadn't even fully processed killing Joel. Dustin whooped in relief when he saw that Waine was okay. He went over to him while I stayed back and watched the mutts give themselves to the mercy of the pack. I saw Louise and breathed a sign of relief but I didn't see Lola. I was still looking for her when I heard a shriek. We all turned and there was Marissa running towards me.

"You!" She tried to grab me but Lana and Britney grabbed her. "I told my son you weren't good enough when he first brought you here! and then look what you did!" She struggled but couldn't get free. "You killed Joel and you went to the pack." She spit the word out like it was poison. "You turned your back on everything we did for you. Everything we gave you. You brought these animals here to tear apart the pack and kill everyone. How could you?" Everyone was watching what was happening. "I never belonged here. I never belonged with your son. All your son did was ruin my life and guess what. Your son is dead and I'm the one who killed him." She snarled, "you didn't kill my son!" I nodded and she screamed. It was full of pain. All the fight seemed to leave her. She would have collapsed to the ground but Lana and Britney were still holding her. "My son..." She whispered. "My only son." After a gesture from Waine, they let her go. She climbed to her feet and looked at me with dead eyes. "Kill me." She whispered. "I don't want to live without my mate or my son." When I didn't move, she took a step towards me. "You owe me this." I shook my head. I can't. "I'm the one who told my son to hit you. He didn't want to. I told him that you needed discipline. KILL ME!" Just do it! I grabbed her and wrapped my hands around her throat. She didn't even fight. I squeezed harder and felt her bones break. The life left her eyes and she hit the ground in a heap.