Chapter 19 - [The King's Sword]

Now that we finally got the mirror back, I thought things would work out and I could go home and let my grandmother and possibly my freaked out parents know I was okay.

However, when we approached the mirror, I knew that whatever gods existed were not on my side because we heard a loud screeching noise. I turned around and looked up, wanting to groan but also scream at the sight of the god-damn-freaking-dragon.

I recognized the dragon almost instantly from the first time I came to Saphryn's world. It was Zylus' beast, Thiy, I think its name was.

I heard Avarius let out a huff as the dragon flapped its wings, creating a huge gust of wind that pushed all of us back a few meters. Only Avarius stayed in his position, holding his ground.

Saphryn was on top of me, in the hopes of protecting me from all the stones and other things that began flying around. But when we lifted ourselves up and looked over at the dragon, we saw the angry Avarius baring his fangs at it and growling.

Despite the massive size difference, the dragon seemed to know better than to start a fight with Avarius. So without wasting a second, the dragon swooped down, grabbing the mirror with one of its hands and the two men Saphryn defeated in its other hand.

"No!" I shouted, getting up. "Wait!"

The dragon jumped up, the ground shaking as it did.

"Wait!" I shouted, running after it. "Stop!"

But it was too late.

The dragon was gone.

"What..."

Saphryn groaned and Midina let out a frustrated breath.

I turned around and looked at them. "What are we going to do?!" I shouted. "How the hell are we going to find the mirror now?"

I'll be able to find it, Midina said. Since Meera is on the other side, I'm constantly drawn to the mirror. The problem is, where Thiy goes, that is where Zylus is.

"We can take Zylus," Saphryn said, confidently, still probably feeling the rush of beating those two other jerks.

I didn't doubt that Saphryn could take on Zylus, but my concern was whether Avarius was willing to help. When I looked at him, he seemed annoyed. Any 'smile' that he previously had was gone.

Nim sighed. I would love to join you lot, but I cannot stray too far from Talia. We've been having quite a few disturbances in our region and I don't want her to handle it on her own.

It's fine, Midina said with a nod. I'll take it from here, thank you for watching over Nyla for us.

Nim bowed his head. It was a pleasure. His head turned to me. Sweet girl, I hope I get a chance to see you again very soon. Tell your grandmother I say hello.

I smiled at him. "I will, and I'll come to visit, I promise."

The beautiful owl nodded before jumping into the air. Avarius, get along with Saphryn, will you?

The beast let out a huff before looking away.

After a short chuckle, Nim flew away.

As soon as he was gone, Avarius began to fade away, the blue fading into Saphryn, slowly and steadily. And then the beast was gone.

Midina sighed before looking up at me. Well, I suppose it's just us now.

I chuckled. After that, we were walking for, like, ever. And as if reading my mind, Saphryn groaned. "How long is this going to take?" he asked.