John opened the door. "Hey, Ariana."

I wore that fake smile again. "Hi, John. I'm here, for my stuff."

He nodded. "Come on in. I'll, give you some time to, get everything."

I stepped into his house, and immediately felt sick.

He pointed down to the boxes on the ground. "I packed up all of your stuff from the living room, bathroom, and kitchen. All that's left is the bedroom.

Of course he leaves the room with the most sentimental values. I walked in to the room, trying not to look at the bed, where I used to lay my head next to him.

I picked up the empty suitcase and stuffed every piece of clothing I had, into it. It actually took a couple of suitcases, and a box for my shoes.

John was nice enough to carry the boxes to my car.

As he was outside. I walked over to the nightstand. I picked up the picture frame. And stared at the picture inside. It was John and I, we were smiling. The picture was taken during our first year together. And we looked so in love.

I wish I could have went back in time, to tell the younger version of me... to warn myself about the future.

I wish I knew back then, that this is how it ends. That he wasn't my true love after all. That he wasn't the one.

He doesn't love me.

But I still love him. More than anything. How did that happen? How did my heart break, and his is still perfectly in tact?

How was I left with all the regrets, and he was problem free? How is that fair?

A tear feel from my eye and hit the picture frame.

John walked in. "Is everything alright?"

Damn. He caught me.

I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and smiled. "I'm fine."

I took the picture and stuffed it in the box. Then picked up the box. "That's the last of my things, I'll be out of your way now."

He stopped me. "Oh, and this is the last of your mail." He handed me the pile of bills and envelopes.

I grabbed them and placed them on the top of the box. "Thanks." I said before walking away.

He sighed. "Ariana."

I stopped, hoping maybe he'd call me back. Maybe he'd tell me to stay. Maybe he would realize how much he needs me.

"Yeah." I said, answering his call.

"Take care." He replied.
Take care. That's it. Really? I smiled and turned around. Not saying a word.

Goodbye John. Take care.

-

-

I sat in the drive way of my mother's house. Still not ready to walk in yet. Because I knew, right when I put my stuff inside that house, than I'd officially be a 27 year old who lives with her mother.

I rested my head against the steering wheel.

I looked over to the box in my passenger seat. And all of the mail I had. I Picked the envelopes up, staring at the address on it. My old address. I didn't live there anymore.

I skimmed through each envelope. Bills, bills, bills. Until I reached one piece of mail, that wasn't a bill.

It was from a photography agency. In London, England.

I tore it open.

Letter from Agency to Ariana: Dear Ms. Harrington, we have received your photos that you sent us. We are pleased to say that you are a talent. We would love to talk to you more about your work. Please contact us as soon as possible.

I was confused, and shocked. I didn't send them any photos. Who did?

But this was a very popular photograghy agency. And they liked my work. I smiled, this time, a real smile.