9

"Remind me again who's going to be his protęgę or protegęe?" Malik asked, glancing at all of us, and looking back at Alfred.

"What is a protęgę?" H.S asked and Malik looked at me. "Well, PJ aren't you going to tell them? I thought you were the smart aleck around here about fancy words and all.

I looked at him and shrugged promptly. "This isn't my epiphany."

"Okay...what's an epiphany?" Malik asked, this time.

"Apparently we don't have a dictionary so let's just stay mum for a second, and focus on getting that guy out of danger," Nightrose interupted, getting our attention back on the hanging Alfred.

"Right," Malik mumbled.

"Okay...this is the plan," I announced clasping my hands together.

"Nightrose you get out there and help our friends with the Deletor mess. Malik and H.S, you guys find someplace to hide until we get back. I will go save Alfred before it's too late".

"Why should I hide?" H.S asked.

"Because you don't have any powers."

"Who said I don't?" she reinstated and took out a card from her pocket then, the next moment she transformed into a god-like vampire princess like Nightrose. Rosette.

"How you like my new outfit?" she implored and I rolled my eyes. "Fine you can join us. So Malik-"

"Yeah, yeah i know. Stay behind and watch. Like a useless guy," Malik whined.

"You're not useless Malik. But thanks for letting me know," I jibed and Malik bristled in annoyance.

"So let's go then!" I commanded and me, H.S and Nightrose sprinted towards the blood-battling echelon ahead of us. I kept my eyes on Alfred who was already losing his grip on the buttress of the castle.

"Hang on!" I yelled from below as I outstretched my bat-like wings and flew towards him. But Alfred couldn't hold it any longer and his fingers gave up. The next moment, Alfred was falling...

Only... to be saved by me! Yes, I saved him alright. Me. The one and only-

"PJ! You're being cocky again!" Nightrose yelled from below as she crunched her forehead into an assailant's nose. "Get him down here and help us already, you imbecile!"

"Ah...girls. Always nagging at me," I muttered as I landed Alfred gently to the ground like I was carrying a bride. "Oh, Gouache! My gallant hero! Thank you! Thank you!" King Alfred cried merrily.

Okay, that was just bull. He didn't say that at all. I just made that up...

I dropped Alfred mid-air, as he landed majestically to the ground. Wasting no time, he unsheated his holy sword and started skewering the pack of floating squids around him, green blood splurting all over the place.

"Jeez. Now that's a King," I muttered and sprang into the battlefield. The first Deletor came fast. I dodged and dragged it towards me as I sank my sword through it's sternum. Springing to my feet, I somersaulted towards another two more in front of me, and blasted them off with an electric pulse from my hands, frying their internal organs.

"I didn't know you could do that!" H.S shouted from behind me as she lashed a knee into the the jaw of a stoutly built Deletor.

"So did I," I replied and striked my sword to the ground, rippling the air around me and blasting another dozen of Deletors with crackling mana. "But as they say, I'm full of suprises," I winked at her.

"Indeed you are!" a voice boomed from behind me. I turned to see Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark lying on the ground unconcious and barely alive, as a Deletor, the size of a spaceship hovered above them.

"Oksizz," I sneered.

"Ah, I see I've already been introduced. So you must know me then. Gouache..." he jibed.

"You bet I do. And I'm also going to make you pay for what you did to Nightrose's nation and Ahsha's," I replied, irately.

"Feisty," Oksizz whispered. "I like it. But there's a rea-"

I burst him into a giant oak nearby with another shot of my electric pulse as he roared vehemently. "That...was rude," he replied with a smug.

"Shut up and more fighting," I jibed and he charged towards me, tentacles lashed out. I managed to duck and jump over the first few but Oksizz was astute. And before I knew it a
tentacle came whipping at my face and another striked my back as I staggered to the ground. Then another long hand came and wrapped tight around me, the size of an Amazon Phython. I grimaced for breath as Oksizz's grip got tighter around my abdomen.

I braced as I charged my hands with another wave of electric pulse and sent the ions charging towards the tentacle. The grip loosened as I fell to the ground, desperately sucking air back into my lungs.

"PJ! Are you okay?!" Nightrose asked rushing towards me. "I..I am fine...I guess," I gasped, still breathing vigorously.

"No one. Hurts. My boyfriend!" H.S bellowed fro. somewhere above us and I saw her leap unto Oksizz's head.

"Get of me! You rat!" Oksizz growled, flailing his tentacles over his head but H.S stayed still. "She lunged her sword at her target which was apparently Oksizz's eye and squired it upwards which sent Oksizz howling in pain.

"Bullseye!" H.S gloated and landed back on the ground with me and Nightrose. "Are you okay babe?" she asked me cutely and I blushed. "You're so hot sometimes," I told her and she chuckled.

"H.S, watch out!" Nightrose suddenly yelled and I saw Oksizz's tentacle, the shape of a splinter coming straight towards H.S. I ran towards her, as fast I could, sword flashed out to defend the attack but it was too far. Too late.

The sharp tentacle jabbed through her heart and out through her chest. Blood dripping from her mouth and tears streaming down her cheeks, I heard her say 'I love you' one last time to me, before she collapsed to the ground.

Cold. And motionless.