5

"Greaaat... what great plan has the amazing pirate king figured out for us now?" Nightrose jibed, folding her arms.

"Yeah... do tell me. I'm keen to know", Malik insisted further, with an annoyed look.

Seriously? They were the ones who were looking at me like I was responsible for all this and now they're teasing me?

Unbelievable.

Then as if sensing my disheartened feelings, H.S spoke up. "Hey, can you just let my boyfriend speak first?"

Nightrose and Malik looked at each other and shrugged. "Well, okay... We're sorry," they said. "So, what's your plan?"

I smiled and looked over at H.S as she gave me a cute wink. "I love you," I whispered as she blushed slightly.

"Alright. So the plan is," I began. "Nightrose, you said that the Deletors have destroyed every Dragon Gem on Cray right?"

"Yes. Every one of them," she sighed.

"But one deletor couldn't have done all the eradicating by itself right?" I continued.

"Definitely. There is an abundance of Dragon Gems on Cray. One Deletor certainly couldn't destroy all of it even if it wanted to."

"It would need the strength of all of them," Nightrose added.

"Exactly. And what happens to the Dragon Gem when it's destroyed?" I probed further.

"Oh, I know! I know!" said Malik enthusiastically. The mana from the Dragon Gem will be infused into the wielder's or in this case, the destroyer which is the Deletor's body.

"Okay...that's true," H.S agreed.

"But I still don't get how all of that, is supposed to help us get back to Cray?" Nightrose remarked impatiently.

"Follow me and you'll know," I answered and took to the air as my wings flapped in coordination. Nightrose and the rest were about to follow suit as well, when suddenly they realised,

"Curse Davy Jones. We have no wings," Nightrose complained as she stared at me who was already far up, diving through the skies.

"Let's just take a cab," H.S suggested and Nightrose stared at her with a confused look.

"What is a CAB?"

*****************************

Apparently, flying seemed longer than walking towards my destination. Not because I wasn't there yet. But, because I was bored waiting for Nightrose and the rest of my friends to arrive...

Especially, when I was standing in front of the carcass of the Deletor I just beheaded a few minutes ago. Yes, I flew towards the place where the distinctive creature fell; the centre of an abandoned football stadium twenty miles from the city.

"Where are they?" I pondered and my thought was immediately answered as a taxi pulled up right at the entrance of the stadium.

Nightrose, H.S, Malik stepped out and rushed into the stadium where I was; the centre of the field. "Hey PJ!" Malik called.

"You're la..."

"Yeah. Yeah, whatever," Malik cut through. "Guess what? Nightrose knows how to bargain with cab drivers," he continued.

"Really?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yep. We didn't have enough money at first to get here, but Nightrose's bargaining skills with the cab driver helped us get here safe and sound," H.S also remarked with a grin.

"Aye," Nightrose scoffed proudly.

"Wow. What did you bargain with? Gold? Jewelry?" I inquired but all of three of them shook their heads dismissively.

"She bargained with his life," H.S exclaimed excitedly, and I facepalmed myself.

Seriously?!

"Poor cab driver. He must've been so terrified," I thought.

"Anyways, what are we doing here PJ? Is this dead 'thing' going to bring us to Cray?" Malik asked, looking over at the headless body of the Deletor lying numblessly in front of him.

"Actually, yes," I replied with a prod.

"Huh? But how?" H.S probed.

"I know how," Nightrose exclaimed stepping forward. She looked at me and smiled. "Aye...PJ is brilliant indeed."

"Wha... I don't get it. How?!" Malik asked again, demandingly.

"It's simple. As you mentioned earlier, since the Deletor has absorbed the remnants of the Dragon Gem's mana, that surplus energy should still be within its body," Nightrose began.

"So, if what I'm guessing is correct, PJ's theory is to absorb all the mana from this dead Deletor and use that energy to breach open a portal for us to get to Cray," Nightrose finished, and I nodded in agreement.

"That's right. So, how is it? My plan?" I probed, gesturing a satisfied smile.

"Told you my boyfriend's a genius!" H.S cheered and embraced me in a hug. Blushing heavily, I cleared my throat and steadied myself as Nightrose and Malik giggled at me.

"Alright then! Let's drain the mana from this squid already!" I voiced and leapt on to the back of the Deletor.

Taking a deep breath, I raised my sword in gusto, and striked it downwards with full throttle, piercing through the spinal cord of the beast. For a second, nothing happened except for the sound of black blood that oozed out fron the dead creature.

But then moments later, I felt a rippling surge of energy flow through my blade, ensoncing it in a bright green glow. The power was entrancing, as I began to see visions of Planet Cray and its hosts, then suddenly...

Nothing.

I collapsed to the ground, exerted and worn out. Have I done it? Did I absorb the Dragon Gem's mana? Just as I was about to declare my position, the Deletor's carcass abruptly exploded, bathing us all in it's green, sloshy ooze.

"Yuck!" H.S whined and pouted angrily.

"What the flipping flip is this green drip,!" Malik rhymed disgustedly.

"Shiver me timbers. Curse you PJ," Nightrose scoffed, as green slime dripped all over her body, from head to toe.

Just as we were all about to complain in frustration, our attention suddenly got distracted by the bright glow emitted from my sword.

"You absorbed it! The mana from the Dragon Gem!" Nightrose exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear.

"Yes I did!" I nodded stanchly, surprised I actually managed to pull it off, myself. But then I smiled and looked up at my friend's faces.

"Now let's get to Cray!" I cheered happily.

"Yeah!" they all cried excitedly as well.

"But first," I continued, staring at their sticky and slime-covered bodies. Myself included.

"Let's get cleaned up. All of us."