4

I stared at the ghoulish creature floating mystically in the air; ruthless yellow eyes, jet black exoskeleton and a really huge unappealing wobbly head. Overall, it looked like an overgrown centipede but just more 'alien-like'.

"Are you seriously examining its exteriors now PJ?!" H.S yelled.

"Sorry, just wanted to know what we're dealing with," I replied, mentally kicking myself for being so ignorant at times like this.

 Nightrose jumped in front of me, to protect me as the Deletor lashed out with its long tentacles. She raised her emerald sword in defense and it clanged in sparks with the sharp tip of the Deletor's uncanny hands.

"T...Thanks," I gasped moving to the side. Nightrose looked over her back and nodded. Then she turned and tilted her head to the side with her hands on her hip. "Well don't just stand there! Either you fight with me or die! I can't save your skin all the time you know."

"Right!" Malik agreed, enthusiastically. "But, I can't transform into Victor. I...I"

"You what?" H.S probed.

"I left my card at home," he replied.

The creature didn't waste anymore time and launched another attack towards me. "Why must it always be me?!" I yelled, annoyed as it grabbed me and lunged higher into the air.

"PJ!!!" Nightrose, H.S and Malik screamed. As the Deletor took me higher into the skies, I wriggled and struggled for breath. "I can't just die like this," I thought. "It's so... unlikely".

I tried to reach for my pocket, where my trump card was, but it was far beyond reach. Then, I tried beating the mevolent beast with my small fists but as clearly as the words that described it, my efforts were futile. "Argh!!!" I yelled, and in a desperate final attempt to free myself, I yelled.

"Stand Up, My Avatar!"

In that brink of a second, the card in my pocket glowed in an immense gold. The intensity of the light so bright that it blinded the creature's eyes and I felt a surge of surplus energy flow through my body. Mana.

Down below, H.S and the rest were staring up to the sky. "What's happening? What's that bright light coming from them?!" H.S asked worriedly, but both Malik and Nightrose just smiled. "What are you smiling about?!" she asked but   both of them didn't see need to answer as H.S witnessed for herself the blade pierced that through the head of the Deletor from the skies.

What just happened?

Well, I just transformed into my one and only avatar, that's what happened. The one and only, Tempest Calling Pirate King, Gouache!

The blade glistened with black ooze, as the golden ray of sunlight shone upon my dashing pirate garb. Striking a lopsided smile, I ravaged my sword out from the head of the Deletor as it fell helplessly to the ground, hundred feets below.

"Hell, the Captain just made his entrance," Nightrose jibed, almost making me laugh as I flew towards them with my abnormally large 'bat-wings'. "Please don't call me that. You're making me blush," I reinstated.

"Don't get too mushy about it," H.S interupted. "You got me worried for a bit there."

"Hey, you seriously didn't I was going to let that thing kill me right?" I chuckled, putting my shoulder over her.

"Well, honestly speaking, no. But I want to lie so... yes," she replied with a sneaky grin. She punched me lightly and dragged me closer to her. "Next time, tell me if you have plans to die. Makes me more prepared," she added and I laughed.

"But PJ, that seemed like an easy kill just now. Is that all a Deletor can offer?" Malik asked, before glancing back at Nightrose.

"An easy kill?" Nightrose chuckled, almost forcefully. "The one you just took down? That was just a low rank, Beta. The smallest type in their flock. Or as you would prefer to call it in this world, a grade zero."

"A grade zero? That thing?" H.S probed.

"Yes. Only a grade zero," said Nightrose. "And if we don't hurry more of the kind we just saw, I mean 'stronger' ones will destroy Planet Cray, nation by nation, till it's brought to nothingness. And then, their supreme leader, Oksizz will end your world too," she added.

"No! We won't let that happen. We won't let Oksizz destroy Cray and Earth!" H.S debated.

"Well, neither do I. But if we were to do that, we need to get there first," Malik replied.

"And the only way for us to get there was through the Dragon Gem but that has also been diminished," Nightrose sighed.

"What shall we do now?" they thought, before staring at me. Great. Why does it always have to be me who figures out the way?

Then something popped into my mind as I looked up at my friend's distraught faces with a grin. "Erm, guys?" I called.

"I think I might know a way out of this."