Good Bye

The large bat bared its fangs as its jaws reached for my face. I wanted to scream as its hot breath wafted over me, wreaking of death. I forced my face to the large hole, watching the night sky as the rain poured in. I thought about my life. It wasn't pretty. I thought about the shelters we moved to, how I got teased at school because my clothes sucked...my dad dying.

I thought about that man, Charles, and everything leading up till now. I wanted to tell life to screw off. Maybe this monster in front of me was life's answer, no mercy for a kid, I guess.

Screw you too! I thought.

"Get your hands off her!" a roar came from behind as Hakeem stood strong transforming into his beast form.

The creature cocked its head to the side and turned licking it's lips. "Young Prince, please don't make this harder then it should be. I would hate to tear off your arms and legs in order to get you back to Ermak, Blight wouldn't be pleased."

His grip eased as he turned back to face me. His eyes gaping. He glanced outside at the hole as I realized what he planned to do.

Without a second thought he tossed me outside, like garbage. I screamed, plummeting down to the cracked concrete that was covered in old crates, steel barrels, and flooded with rain water. At least my blood would be washed away with my memory.

"Enough, Rai!" A voice thundered from my subconscious.

The rain water below rose cushioning my fall as I landed on a watery plateau. I looked down at the water glowing in the strange blue hue. "Mizzy...thank you."

"Rai, I'm disappointed in you!" She hissed.

My heart shook as the water brought me back up to the hole in the wall. I stepped off the watery plateau, wiping my face as the large bat and Hakeem fought just across the room. I fell on my knees trying to catch my breath and calm down, my legs wouldn't stop shaking.

What the hell was Mizzy upset about, why was she mad at me?

"What the hell do you expect, what do you want from me...what do any of you want from me!" I yelled internally. Nothing I did was right, everything that happened to me was unfair, and this life was a result. I looked up at Hakeem and the beast he fought, and my anger bellowed over.

I screamed throwing my hand forward as a stream of water formed from the rain and whipped forward, piercing the bat through it's back. Hakeem dove out of the way just barely making it as it went straight through its chest.

The stream brought it close to me as I slowly stood up. "Is this what you want Mizzy, my anger?"

I focused on the creature which slashed at me in the air gnashing viciously as blood splattered from its jaws. "Damn you, curse you!" it shrieked coughing up blood. Without lifting a finger, the rain outside stopped, the drops floating in mid-air.

"Pain, that's what you came here to do, cause pain..." I intensified my focus sharpening the rain drops, I pictured each one like a knife, like the sharpest blade. "So, enjoy!"

The rain drops blew forward like bullets out of a machine gun, cutting through the bat mercilessly. He shrieked as its wings and body were torn to shreds. Blood splattered all around me, my clothes, the floor, the wall...until there was nothing left.

It was as if each individual rain drop took a piece of him. Chunks of his flesh and fur were all around us, soaked in water. Blood stained the room and soaked my clothes. The metallic smell of blood mixed with the smell of wet pavement was something I'd never forget.