My First Training Session

I opened my eyes looking up at the beast which planned to devour me. Her wild eyes trembled as she glared. I could feel her fear, her sinister blood-lust. I don't know how but it pulsed from her like a heartbeat.

"Wretched girl," She growled. "What have you done!"

I slowly raised my right hand keeping my eyes focused on her. Mizzy unraveled around me rising above us ready to strike. The beast quickly became defensive. Mizzy lashed out with her powerful tale, with speed that snapped forward like a whip. The beast took off in a blur dodging the attack.

The ground trembled from the battle as craters appeared with each blow of her tale. I kept my balance as a stream of water raced from the serpent keeping me steady. Mizzy was ruthless, lashing about wildly trying to keep up with the blurs of her speed. I looked over to see Hakeem still frightened in his human form barely able to move.

A stream of water wrapped around his waist, pulling him into Mizzys defensive coils. I looked on confused. "How?"

"We are one Rai, I know this boy means something to you...I won't let anything happen to him." Mizzy spoke from my subconscious.

I nodded thankfully as I knelt over him. He coughed with a trembling hand. "You...you didn't tell me you had superpowers?"

I shook my head at his goofiness at a time where we were both facing death down. He was probably dying and still ruined the mood with his awkwardness. "Hakeem, we have to find your mom."

The blows of the battle around them kept them swaying and trembling in the rain. Lightning crackled in flashes giving bright flashes of the fight that etched around them. This monster that wanted to kill Hakeem and myself was fast even for Mizzy.

"How," he wiped the blood from his face with his soaked shirt. "The only person who knows where, is Iris." He looked out at the mirages that dodged from area to area to dodge the attacks.

She didn't run like any normal person would, but then again, she was a monster. Mizzy completely destroyed the concrete foundation around them and pieces of the building were ripped from the metal beans as brick and glass shattered around them.

"She's impressively fast...far beyond a human that's for sure." Mizzy replied. "This isn't getting us anywhere, you need to take it from here."

"Take...what?" I replied looking up as the giant serpent dissolved into a large puddle splashing all around us. I looked around frightened and began pulling Hakeem into the warehouse.

"Wait, where did that giant snake go?"

"I don't know, we have to get somewhere safe!" I wasn't sure where that giant cheetah went, if we ere lucky she took off into the darkness somewhere, but if she was willing to stay and fight even after loosing an arm it was a fat chance.

We slumped upstairs into an area where there was a good amount of light that lit up half the room. We fell into a corner trying to catch our breath. I felt my neck wincing in pain from deepened gashes. I coughed a little and swallowed as best I could, leaning my head back against the cool wall. Hakeem's clothes were torn and tattered revealing his exposed flesh.

"Iris is still out their somewhere, her scent is strong...even stronger now that her blood is in the air," he sighed as he leaned over. "Why didn't you tell me you could do this?"