14 - Reconnection

Start from the beginning

"You must have done better research than we have. We couldn't find shit," Louis laughed, running his fingers through his fringe while Stan walked back over to his work table.

He picked one of the knives up and held it in front of face. "I did," he admitted, tracing his finger along the witches knot that was engraved on the handle. "I knew Malum was expecting me. She needed a human for the sacrifice as well."

Louis' eyes widen. "What?"

"She knew I would come to hunt for her, or any Lucas member. She knew that we were informed of her spells, and she was expecting one of us to show up the night of the full moon. She was ready to use us in her sacrifice."

"How did you trick her then?" Louis asked in awe, walking over to join Stan at the work table as well, curiously watching him touch the intricate details of the knives.

"I tricked her by remaining out of the scene," Stan explained with a smirk, finally setting the knife down next to the other two. He looked up at Louis then. "I knew if I wanted to get her, I to remain incognito. She wasn't expecting me to have back up as well. When I knew I had the knives, I immediately went to your friends and said it was time. The one thing a witch would never see coming is a wolf hunter and wolf pairing up together."

"My warriors are the best for helping. I was truly happy seeing them there," Louis whispered under his breath, still so giddy that they showed up and risked their lives just to save Louis and his family.

"Well, they are your best friends," Stan reminded with a snort.

Louis rolled his eyes at the comment, but he leaned over and pulled Stan in a much needed hug. "Just, thank you again Stan," he repeated earnestly, patting Stan on the back before he was pulling away. "I know it was a long road to get you on our side, but you have been the best help ever since. You save our lives. You saved Harry's life."

"I save those who deserve to be saved." Stan gave a reassuring nod to Louis and went back to grabbing all the knives off the work table. He gathered them up in his hands and ended up shoving them into a steel briefcase. "How's Harry by the way?" He then questioned, slamming the briefcase shut once all the knives were inside.

Louis sighed. "He's doing alright, I suppose. As alright as a once dead person can feel," he laughed bitterly. "He does says he feels funny, but he has the kids laying with him. Anne is making them food and coddling him, but other than that, he's been sleeping a lot."

"Yeah, that's what rising from the dead can do to ya," Stan teased with a smile. He grabbed the briefcase and ended up walking it over to one of his shelves up against the wall. He reached up and put it securely on the top one before he was turning back to Louis. "He also needs to recover from the torment Malum caused."

"That's true," Louis agreed with a head tilt. "Well, I need to head back. I have people who need to reconnect and all that."

"Ed and Jay?"

Louis laughed breathlessly, running his fingers through his fringe again, a nervous and excited habit he finds himself doing a lot. "Yeah, both. I can't believe they're both back. It's been forever since I've seen my mum, and things just haven't been the same since Ed died."

"Are Ellie and Lottie excited?

Louis hummed thoughtfully. "I'm not sure they know yet," he realized more to himself. "I know Karen is fixing them up so they don't look so dead, but I figured my mum would recover faster. I was planning on taking her to see Lottie first and then maybe Harry and the kids. I know Ed will take a lot longer to readjust since he was quite literally dead."

"I'm really happy for you, mate."

Louis felt himself smiling when he looked up and saw how earnest Stan looked. The fact that Stan went from someone who was destined to kill wolves and who nearly went after him for trying to mate with Harry to now fighting right along their side was enough for Louis to feel proud. Over the past few years, Stan had been a great ally to have on his side. Stan showed up when Harry needed him the most, and Stan showed up when Louis needed him the most.