Chapter Fifteen: The Face of the Faceless

Officer Hernandez and his squad rushed into Collin's room. They located the staircase and rushed down. "There are two kids down there, it's our job to save them, is that understood?" Hernandez demanded. "Officer Hernandez, is that you?" A girls voice called up. "Yes, what's your name young lady?" The officer jumped over the missing stairs that had been destroyed. "Dayna Matthews." She shouted. "And my brother, Nathan Matthews." Dayna added. A squad of four men followed Francisco Hernandez down that treacherous staircase.

Collin's head swung back and forth, he couldn't see anything, he could only feel his head and here a voice speaking directly to him. "Hello, Collin Pierce, I've been waiting for you to find me for a few weeks now." The voice called out. Collin knew it was the killer even though he had never heard him speak. That and everything looked white to him right now. "Wa-what, do you want." Collin's head swung forward. "I'm glad that you found the strength to talk." The voice chuckled. "For a moment I thought you weren't strong enough to stay alive, you did get hit fairly hard." The voice began to walk, Collin could hear the horrible footsteps of that terrible man. "I'm going to ask you one more time, what do you want with me." Collin could see the outline of the man, now he really was just a shape. "I WANT YOU DEAD SO I CAN HAVE MY SALVATION!" The man screamed at him. Collin recognized the voice, not very well but he had heard it recently. "Why do you need me to die?" Collin could see his hood, it was torn and stained with blood. "So I can finally have my revenge, Collin Pierce!" He hissed. Collin tried to get up, but he was strapped to a wall. "I have despised you for quite some time now." He explained. "Why, what did I do?" Collin cried. "WHAT DID I DO TO YOU THAT WOULD MAKE YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!" Collin shouted. "You, saw that boy on the table, correct?" The man walked up to him. "Yeah," Collin huffed. "You killed him!" The man crouched down and slapped Collin across the face. Collin struggled in the ropes that he was stuck in. "I never killed anyone, yet." Collin said. He could now see clearly again, the room was dimly lit like all of the other ones. The man came back over with a piece of wood and beat it into Collin's stomach. Collin coughed from the pain. "Maybe you didn't really kill him, he killed himself, but it's your fault he did it." Collin thought for a moment, he didn't even know that boy, how could he have caused his suicide? "Maybe it would help if you saw my face, that seemed to help your friend Alex, or maybe that was just my imagination." The man pulled off his hood to show Collin his face. Collin was amazed and horrified to find out who it was that had killed Alex and tried to kill him. "I think you should recognize me." It was the man on the ferry who Collin had run into on the stairs. "It was you. You blew up the boat, you attacked the school, you set the party house on fire, and all just to kill me!" Collin tried to punch him but he couldn't move his hand that far out. "My name is William Farris, you probably remember my son Tim Farris from your old school on Staten Island." Collin traced his memory back to Staten Island, he remembered Tim Farris, he was the boy who trapped him and Alex in the locker a few years earlier. " your son trapped me in a locker once, I got back at him by making his hair fall out." Collin laughed for a second, it seemed silly now. "After Tim's hair fell out, I was the only one who knew it was your fault, he realized that he was being mean to people at school that day. We moved out here to start fresh. Tim hates himself for another year, he thought about what he had done and how he made others feel, and them one day, I asked him how his day was when he came home from school. He told me everything was great but then he sat on his bed and slit his wrists. It only took three minutes for him to bleed out and die." William began to cry for a moment. Collin never thought that Tim Farris could have realized that, or that the consequences would be that dire. Collin thought again, Alex was murdered by this man and now he was going to be murdered by this man. Collin untied the ropes slowly, reached into his pocket, and cut off his ropes with Phantom. While William had his vision impaired by tears Collin swung his blade and cut William in the leg. This was the moment Collin realized that this would be his chance to defeat William Farris and keep everyone else safe from him forever. Collin was going to fight for his life, and the lives of others.