Chapter 40 -Hate between brothers

Start from the beginning

"You're good, you almost anticipated my moves... almost." A clone rammed a kunai into his back, but his too was a clone. I watched as the two went back and forth, Kakashi doing most of the dodging and Itachi the attacking.

I drew back as a clone's memory message flooded my mind. Sasuke met up with Kakashi and is now visiting the secret meeting room, today is the day, be on the lookout. We'll keep you updated, good luck. Good they're still watching him; I carefully glanced back out of the bushes, Kakashi was on his hands and knees breathing heavily, Itachi already finished torturing him.

"This thing you've come for," Kakashi forced out, "is it Sasuke?"

"No, the legacy of the 4th Hokage," I lifted my lips in a silent snarl.

"The nine-tailed spirit inside Naruto, that's what you're after? You're not the only one's are you, there are 7 more of you out there, searching, hunting... I know all about you. You call yourselves the Akatsuki, right?"

Itachi's eyes narrowed, "Kisame, we'll take Kakashi with us but we don't need the others, get rid of them," he ordered.

"Severe leaf hurricane!" A flash of green jumped between them. 

"And who would you be?" Kisame asked. "The leaf's fiercest beast of battle, I'm Might Guy." I cringed at his sparkling smile; creepy.

"So you're Might Guy? Mighty stupid looking Guy," Kisame taunted.

Guy picked up Kakashi throwing him over his back, "you can open your eyes now, just don't look directly at them, watch his feet. Kurenai take Kakashi to the medical corps, I sent word to AMBU so until they get here we hold them off, Asuma."

"Interesting, I'll give you credit for guts," Kisame grinned.

"No Kisame, we're pulling out, we're not here to fight a full scale battle. Tempting as it may be it's not the way to do this, let's go," Itachi interrupted. His eyes broke from them and moved to scan the trees, I froze as they caught my own.

"That's too bad, it was just getting fun, they don't know how lucky they are," Kisame smirked.

They disappeared, breaking our eye contact. I released the breath I didn't even realize I was holding, still slightly in shock. We only locked gazes for a few seconds but it was enough. Those eyes... it was like he looked straight through me, it felt like a bucket of ice cold water had been splashed in my face.

"Leaha... Leaha," I snapped out of my daze as Kale butted his head against my shoulder.

"W-what?"

"What happened? Tell me what happened!" He searched my gaze worriedly.

"Itachi, he... we made eye contact," I gulped, I'd never been so scared in my life.

"Did he do anything to you, show you anything?" I shook my head and he breathed out a sigh of relief. "It's a good thing we are in wolf form, we can't have them knowing about us... at least not yet."

I peeked back out of the bushes, they were gone, taking Kakashi to the hospital probably. "We have to go," I stood and leapt out, heading towards the mountains. Kale followed silently as we scrambled up the rock and onto a small grass field on the other side.

I shifted back and made a group of clones, "alright listen up," they stood to attention. "Go out and find the clone watching Sasuke, I want contact with them now!" I barked out. They nodded once before sprinting off and spreading out across the village. "We have to find Kakashi, he's not in the hospital, his room was much too colorful. But where could he be..."

An idea struck me, "hey Kale..."

"No."

"Aww come on it's not like I can do it!"