Chapter 45 -Todoroki last mission?

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 45 -~-

I stood next to the others, Kale included now, as we received our next mission. By now everyone in the village knew about Kale. Not our tendency to turn into vicious wild animals of course, but one version or another of our situation has pretty much been spread throughout the village.

All in all, nothing has really changed. We get a few stares now and then, but there were also a few people who came up and thanked Kale personally for saving so and so during the invasion. I'm so happy for him. He was uneasy and flustered at first, but he eventually got used to it... being seen.

"Ok, whatever the mission is, I'm psyched and ready to go!" Naruto announced, breaking me out of my thoughts. Sasuke chuckled in his special way through one syllable and Naruto cranked his head to look at him with a glare.

"But, where's Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked.

"Beats me he's always the last one here," Naruto grumbled.

"Kakashi won't be here at all." We all perked up at the voice and my heart sunk; no not already.

"Grandma Tsunade, what's up?" Naruto cocked his head to the side.

"Stop calling me that will you," she grumbled as she took a seat.

"Uh... Lady Hokage, what's this about Kakashi not coming?" Sakura asked nervously.

"You know our forces are stretched thin, all of our Jonin are already busy on other missions, including Kakashi. You'll just have to handle this one on your own. But I'm sure you'll be fine, after all, you're still bigger than the average Genin squad," she looked at Kale and I. "It's a B-rank escort mission, someone important," Tsunade spoke.

"Important? Really?" Sakura said surprised.

"Yes it could develop into an A-rank mission, if you run into trouble."

"So, who do we escort?" Sasuke inquired.

"I don't know," she shrugged.

"Hold on, what do you mean you don't know?" Naruto frowned.

"Every four years our neighbor the Land of Tea, holds a dedication ceremony at the Great Todoroki Shrine. And each time, we are asked to escort a runner who will participate in a race as part of the ceremonies. This year the messengers who were bringing the request were attacked before they could get here."

"Who attacked them?" Naruto asked.

"I'm sorry but I'm still not following the story very well," Sakura said with a confused expression.

"Well, don't worry about that now. When you meet Boss Jirochou, he'll fill you in on everything," Tsunade assured.

"Boss Jirochou? Oh that gambler guy we met," Naruto exclaimed.

"That's everything I know, now no wasting time. They are expecting you in the Land of Tea by the end of the day, so get moving!"

"Don't worry, you can count on us!" Naruto grinned. Everyone ran off to gather their things and just as we were about to follow we were stopped.

"Saki, Kale hold on a moment, I want to speak with you," Lady Tsunade spoke. We looked at each other in confusion, why us?

"I'm putting the two of you in charge of this mission," she said.