Chapter 10.1

The next day BeiTang MinQian had a meeting to attend. It was very late when he returned so Su YuanHeng didn't prepare dinner.

He (Su YuanHeng) drowily slept till six in the evening. When he woke up, he felt weak and his belly heavy. It was probably due to the heater being turned on too high leading to his entire body sweating.

It is not advisable for a pregnant person to bathe all the time. BeiTang MinQian does not feel at ease with him doing it so he'd always insist on helping him. Su YuanHeng is one that loves cleanliness and would feel uncomfortable if he didn't bathe every day. Sometimes when BeiTang MinQian is not at home, he would secretly take a shower.

Now that he had just woken up and was sweating profusely, he strenuously got up and wobbled to the bathroom.

Because his belly is so big and his movements can be clumsy, Su YuanHeng was extremely careful when taking a bath. Recently his belly got so much bigger at a faster pace that it seemed as if air was blown in. When Qin Su was here last month, Su YuanHeng could still hide his belly with loose clothes. In fact, looking at his back profile, it was not noticeable. But if Qin Su is here now, he would jump in shock upon seeing his belly.

He took a shower and carefully got out of the bathtub while leaning against the wall and holding a towel to dry his body. Through the misty mirror, he could see the stretch marks on his belly. It looked really unsightly.

Su YuanHeng's mood was complex. Thinking of BeiTang MinQian kissing his belly, he felt a sense of shame and disgust.

He strenuously bent down in trying to wipe the drops of water from his legs. Perhaps it was because he was being absentminded; he couldn't remember how he could have carelessly fell on the mat on top of the tile floor even after it had happened.

When he regained his senses, he had already fallen on the cold ground.

This fall is severe. His belly heavily slammed onto the ground. It was so painful that he screamed.

Su YuanHeng almost subconsciously shielded his belly. Curly up slightly, he took a deep breath and prayed that the baby is fine. But the sharp piercing pains that came less than a minute later dispelled his wishful thinking.

"Ahhhhhh ─ ─"

The severe pain made him cry out again.

Su YuanHeng's body trembled. His fingers gripped onto the sink to stand up but just as he was holding his body up, is belly gave out a burst of severe pain.

This kind of severe pain is different from the long to short contractions before labor; the gap here is short, but compressed and intense.

Su YuanHeng knew that this fall will lead to the premature birth of his child.

This situation is extremely dangerous; adding on the baby is making a lot of sharp movements. He felt excruciating pain filled with anxiety. He struggled to stand up, but he had no energy. His legs got soft and the burst of pain in his belly made him unable to breathe.

Sticky warm liquid flowed out from his lower body. Trembling, Su YuanHeng reached down to touch it and sees red blood on his hand.

Gritting his teeth, he tried to move but he still couldn't stand up. Earlier when his left foot hit the bathtub, his ankle got injured and couldn't exert any strength. With no other option, he could only use both of his hands to slowly drag himself out of the bathroom.

"Ah ... ah ... ah ..."

He hugged his belly with one hand while he squeezed the door with his other hand. The distance is usually two short steps but it took him ten minutes