Chapter one

March 12, Friday

The crisp cool air fluttered through (y/n)'s skirt as she walked up the the stairs of her school to the old worn out gate. The paint was cracked and peeling, and graffiti covered the school walls. Giving a heavy sigh, the girl started to walk through the doors when she heard shouting.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Wait uuuppp!!!"

Recognition of the familiar voice made the girl turn slowly with a disapproving look, only to be startled of her male friend who had blonde wavering hair and bronze eyes, tripping over the second flight of stairs. The man in front of her clumsily fell to the floor, bruising his leg. (Y/n) chuckled as her friend got up in an unsteady stance, gasping to catch his breath from his mile like run.

"Are you done running for your life, Kyo?" The girl laughed holding her stomach to quench the pain. The man glared at her for being unsympathetic, but started chucking alongside her friend. He patted his pants from the crumbles of cement from the stairs.

"I have the best- no greatest news for you!!" He cheerfully stated.

"What is it?" The girl asked, however instead of a response, Kyo swiftly dragged her to the back of the worn down school. (Y/n) obviously shocked, started tripping on all the pebbles and rocks until they came to a stop. Panting to herself, she angrily scolded her friend.

"What the hell, Kyo?! We have to go to school! Class is starting soon-" the girl glanced at her smartphone clock reading 8:55, "No, class started fifteen minutes ago!"

"Relax, like I said, I have some great news!" Reassured the boy as he held his hands up in defense. Slowly, he grabbed his brown backpack and grabbed a file of documents, still keeping an eye out at his annoyed friend who was ready to kick him for make her late. He shuffled through the file, and handed her a few papers. The girl snatched the papers angrily, and started to read. Kyo stared as he saw his friend's eyes widen.

"OMG, OMG,OMG,OMG !!! I'm going to an elite private high school??!!" The girl's voice rose and she started jumping up and down at the overgrown weeds on the ground.

"Keep reading." The boys demanded with a sly smile, so (y/n) started to scan the paper for more information.

"Holy shit, this school is ranked number 3 for best school in Japan, number 4 for highest career and success rate, and number one for for wealthiest school! I can't believe I got a scholarship to this! But....wait..." The excitement in the girl's tone dropped, as she gazed her now dull eyes at her concerned looking friend.

"That means I have to leave you... I can't just leave you...."
Tears formed at the girl's eyes, only to be replied with her friend shuffling his files once more to grab another set of papers.

"I got in too!" He started cheering, and his once crying friend was now tightly embracing him with tears of joy. Kyo return the embrace, and time had seemed to stop for the friends. The once cool and brisk air had transformed into a beam of sunlight, hitting them with heat and warmth as if it was celebrating their victory.

"Are you still angry that I made you late for class?" The boy joked, receiving a slap on the wrist from his friend.

"Yes." (Y/n) quickly stated with a pout, turning her back to Kyo. " But I will for give you if you buy me some ice cream..."

Her bronze eyed friend chuckled, and replied, " Let me guess... You want a strawberry and blackberry swirl on a small cone, with raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries on top?"

(Y/n) gave a surprised look on her face, but quickly transformed to her pouting expression mumbling, "Yes..." to her smug looking friend. Then she asked, " When do we transfer to the new high school?"

"Monday" Kyo answered adding, " So you better get ready!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 13, Saturday

(Y/n) woke up with a start. Instead sleeping till noon like she usually does, the annoying sound of her phone beeping continuously made her wake up from her restful slumber. Half asleep, the girl answered the phone.

"Hello? Who is this?" She spoke in a bland tone.

"(Y/n)!!!! Wake up, it's me Kyo! Meet me at the park at 10:30am sharp. No time to explain, bye!" The rushing tone of the blonde haired boy shook the girl up in an unwanted way, but she managed to roll herself out of bed with a plop and slump to the bathroom. Without her parents to discipline her, she had grown accustomed to her independent ways.

Slowly, she opened her drawer and took out her blue electrical toothbrush. With the running water, she washed her face with cold water to wake her up.

"Mother fucker!" She screamed, as the icy cold water froze her warm face. "Damn it Kyo, I couldn't fucking sleep for another hour? This better be important or else he is going to die... or at least by my breakfast..." (y/n)'s mouth watered as she though about having a salty hash brown with a strawberry smoothie. Great, now I have to walk to the park just so Blondie can say something... She thought as she dressed into a black and blue over sized hoodie, black skirt, and black tights. Then, coming out of her room, she grabbed a blue infinity scarf and shoved her foot into her favorite pair of combat boots. Ready, she thought, and grabbed the key to lock her door.

As (y/n) walked past the rows of houses, she felt the warmth of the Sun and heard the birds chirping in a carefree tone. Suddenly, out of no where, a blue monarch butterfly landed on her shoulder. At first, she was startled to see such a rare creature choosing to fly to her, but soon slowly petting its wings with her index finger. The blue butterfly felt so free in the air, so happy. (Y/n) wished she was that cheerful in life. However, nothing was ever the same after her parent's accident. She could remember it all vividly, even though it was years ago.

It was a dark night...only the moon was shining. The blue moon. Fire was rising, as (y/n) was trapped behind her seatbelt. The buckle had dented after the collision, including the belt to jam with the clip. Finally, after what felt like eternity, the clip snapped open, releasing the lonesome child. "(Y/n), escape!" The girl swiftly turned to her father, blood trickling down his face. "Dad, you're hurt!", She quickly tried to release her father from the rummaged pieces of flames that was lying on top of  him. He man held his hand to his daughter's face, a tear trickling from his eyes. Although they were surrounded by a fire, his hand was ice cold. "(Y/n), go... I 'll be okay... I - I ha- ve to... help your mo....mother..." The father weakly stammered, pointing to the women next to him, passed out. The young girl nodded, feeling tears forming in her eyes. She quickly turned to the Windows, and tried kicking them open until she had no energy left. The flames grew and grew, engulfing her. Her head began going blurry, and she coughed recklessly. Glass flung into her left eye, yet she barely noticed. Suddenly, she felt herself being pulled out of the flaming car from a shattered window. It was a gentle hand, small, too, but (y/n) was just glad to be rescued. The mysterious figure held her within his arm, and placed her on a gentle pile of leaves. Then, he took out a water container, and slowly placed it in the girl's mouth so she can drink. Then, he treated her eye, seeing that her left eye will turn purple. The poor girl will have different colored eyes. One purple, and one (e/c). After a few minutes of resting, the girl began sobbing. "My...my mom and d-dad are still in there... please, can you save them?" However, as if on Que, the flamed car exploded, leaving no chance for the remaining lives to be saved. (Y/n) couldn't watch anymore as she dug her head, sobbing, into her rescuer's shoulder. He allowed her, patting her back like a cat to calm her down. "Its right, I'm here for you. All that matters is that you're safe." The voice was surprisingly young, and the girl looked up at her rescuer's face. The boy was young, maybe like a year or so older than her 10 year old self. He had a cap on, tucking in all his hair, and half his face was covered with a doctor's surgical' s mask. However, (y/n) will never forget the boy. Even after he left for the woods, leaving her to the ambulance who had just arrived, the girl will never forget that boy. She will never forget his piercing red eyes.

It was the first time she fell in love.