Prologue : Kidnapped For Cosplaying

Start from the beginning

“Oh~? But this is where you’re wrong, Young Miss. I never exactly said I was cosplaying.” He explained, laughing wildly. I raised an eyebrow and stood on my tiptoes to take his ears. Pointy… and not coming off…

“I still don’t buy it.” I said, noticing an annoyed look in his eyes as I messed with his ears some more. “And it’s uncharacteristic of a gentleman to show his tail…” I thought aloud, bringing my hands to my chin.

“Unfortunately so.” Mephisto said shaking his head.

“Barrel… You are betraying meh!” I cried quietly, pouting slightly. Mephisto laughed.

“Let’s walk, and I’ll tell you things until you believe me. But, I want to quiz you first~!” he sang, taking my wrist again and walking back to the Blue Exorcist section. I froze, making him stop and glance over his shoulder at me.

“What if those not-even-close-to-looking-like-Shuras’ come around?” I asked. Mephisto brought a purple gloved hand to his chin and thought.

“Tell them we’re together.” He said simply. I stared up at him. 6 foot 3… tops…

“Are you a pedophile?” I questioned. He laughed and shook his head, answering no. “I, for some awkward reason, don’t believe you at all.” I replied.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.” He said, taking my hand instead of wrist and dragging me along once again.

“Ugh… Fine. Ask your questions.” I ordered calmly.

“Am I a demon or human?” I stopped again.

“Demon. Was that supposed to be hard?”

“No. And that was your question. My turn again~!” he buzzed. I twitched as he tugged on me again. His hand was surprisingly cold for being gloved. I felt heat rise to my cheeks again as he asked the next question.

“What kind of women do I like?” he quizzed.

“Beautiful, elegant women. Someone not me.” I answered, feeling small and vulnerable.

“That and… Temptresses.” He told me, getting in my face.

“He-hey~! Back up…” I ordered, pushing him back a step as I covered my face.

“My, my… did I scare you that badly?” he asked.

“That’s two questions, Johann…” I answered back.

“Oh~? Silly me. Your turn then.” He responded.

“Why aren’t you with other, better cosplayers?” I interrogated him. He seemed to think about this one.

“Because, you intrigue me. You’re more interesting than the rest. Oh, same question as before.” He finished. I glanced back up at him as we passed a pair of almost perfect Shima and Bon cosplayers. They stopped for a quick picture with us, each of us taking one (except for Mephisto). Walking away as if nothing happened after the ‘Renzo’ grabbed my ass. This made me jump into Mephisto as they walked away chuckling. I crouched down into a fetal position, blushing furiously as Mephisto laughed at my misfortune.

“Hentais!!!!” I screamed pointing in the direction they went in. Sighing, I trudged back over to Mephisto who waited for me like a gentleman.

“All better~?” he asked.

“That’s still a question. But yes, I am. Oh and for your question before… I’ve never been referred to as a temptress.” I replied as he took my hand again, as if it was nothing.

“Hmmm. I guess I’ll have to call you that more often.” He thought out loud. I blushed and looked down at my feet. Seconds later, my phone went off, signaling my mom was trying to check on me. Pulling the ‘Mephisto Pink’ phone out of my pocket, I flipped it open and answered her.