Chapter 10 - "She's already taken!"

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me! What do you mean?" I asked getting slightly irritated at her stupid talks.

"Oh come on Nandini! Manik doesn't give interest to any girls easily, infact at one point I thought he was interested in boys!" Rose said abruptly.

"What?" Both me and Manik said with shock.

"What? It's true! You have so many good looking girls around, and you still were never interested in them! And all of a sudden you come to the party with this beautiful girl and..." Rose said.

"Listen Rose! At this point I don't really know if you're complimenting me or mocking me, but get one thing straight! I am not a freaking gold digger! I did not trap Manik! And Manik asked me to come on his own will, I didn't force him! I have no interest in luring men so I can attend some fancy party! My self respect is way more than that!" I said angrily. This girl was really irritating me. It was a good thing we were stood in the corner away from a lot of people.

"Woah feisty! I said none of those things, Nandini! Rose said in her defence.

"But that's what you meant, right?" I said as I glared my eyes at her.

"You know what, yeah I did! I did mean that! Where did you find her Manik?" She said with disgust. The audacity she had to say that to me. How dare she? How freaking dare she? I saw Manik about to speak but I interrupted. I can fight my own battles.

"Excuse me! I can say the same about you, but I won't! Because I have been taught by my parents to respect one another. And if girls won't respect each other, then no one will! So before I completely lose my patience, just stop talking to me!" I said sternly. I was trying to be the better person here. I was trying to remain calm. Why should I ruin my mood because of one stupid girl? Rose was about to say something again when she was stopped by a voice.

"Hi guys!" We turned to the owner of the voice. She was a beautiful lady! I knew I had seen her somewhere before, but where?

"Sakshi! Thank god you're here!" Manik said in relief as he went and hugged her. That's it! She was Sakshi, M.S. Dhoni's wife.

"What's happened now Manik?" She questioned.

"Rose happened!" He said quietly to which Sakshi giggled.

"Hey Rose!" Sakshi said with a smile.

"Hi Sakshi!" Rose said as she plastered on a smile.

"Sakshi this is...." Manik started to introduce me.

"Doctor Murthy! Nandini Murthy! Right?" Sakshi said with a big smile as she put her hand out. I shook hands with her and smiled back. She knew my name! How?

"Right! But how did you know?" Manik asked with confusion.

"Manik I've read about her in the papers." Sakshi said with a smile.

"She's a Doctor?" Rose said in shock.

"Any doubts?" I said as I raised my brows at her.

"Yes! I mean I thought you were some..." Rose tried to explain.

"Gold digger? Fame chaser? Stupid?" I listed out all the possible things she may have thought of me.

"Well yes!" She replied honestly. This girl had guts.

"Rose do you even realise what you're saying?" Sakshi said with disgust.

"Sakshi I'm entitled to my opinions!" Rose said arrogantly.

"But if your opinions are such then you should learn to keep them to yourself!" Sakshi said sternly.