Chapter 10 - "She's already taken!"

Start from the beginning

"What?" I once again questioned. What was he on about?

"Virat what are you saying?" Manik spoke with glared eyes. Were they both hiding something?

"No don't get me wrong! I mean that Manik, he's so picky when it comes to girls. The fact that you are here as his date for the night must mean you are special because not many girls manage to capture Mr Malhotra's heart!" Virat once again spoke in an attempt to explain things.

"Virat kuch bhi boltay ho! Nandini please ignore him!" Anushka said with a smile to which I simply nodded. Anushka then started to ask me about my profession and just other random things when I saw Virat being pulled away on the side by Manik. I didn't pay much attention to it even though they both were behaving weirdly.

"What was that?" Manik questioned sternly.

"What was what Mani?" Virat replied pretending to be clueless.

"Listen Chiku, that conversation was between you, me, and Anushka! You can't tell Nandini about it!" Manik exclaimed.

"But Manik, shouldn't she know that she bowled you over by her beauty the first time you saw her? Shouldn't she know that you low-key have a crush on her? Shouldn't she know that you really want to get to know her?" Virat loaded him with questions.

"Virat no! That's just embarrassing! She's only my date for the night, you know the whole story then why?" Manik spoke in disbelief.

"Okay I'm sorry! I won't tell her anything. But you guys look so cute together, I couldn't help it!" Virat said.

"Virat just focus on your anniversary party and not my love life, okay?" Manik stated.

"Okay!" Virat said rolling his eyes as he walked towards Anushka.

"It was lovely to meet you Nandini, I'll see you later in the party. Anushka, shall we?" Virat said politely to which I gave a smile. Him and Anushka then went to greet their other guests and me and Manik went inside. The venue set up was incredible. There were flower decorations everywhere. The party venue reflected the venue of their wedding. It was beautiful! I looked around in awe of the venue. I was stood next to Manik taking in the beauty of the venue whilst he was talking to some people. As he finished the conversation, he decided to find Sakshi and introduce me to her. We were just about to go when we heard a loud voice calling out to Manik.

"Manik baby!" We both heard.

"No! Not again!" I heard Manik whisper. He slowly turned around and so did I. As soon as he turned around, he was taken into a hug by a girl. Who was she? Manik tried to pull her out the hug but she kept sticking to him more. What a chipku! She eventually let go off him.

"Rose, hi!" Manik said with gritted teeth.

"Hi Manik. You look so sexy tonight!" She said dreamily. What a flirt!

"Thanks?" Manik said.

"Who's this beautiful girl with you?" Rose said as she eyed me up and down. Was she really complimenting me? Or was she being sarcastic? I could not tell!

"Oh this, this is Nandini! My date for the night! And Nandini, this is Rose!" Manik said with a smile.

"Lovely to meet you Rose!" I said with a smile.

"Lovely to meet you too! Manik Malhotra's date, eh? Not bad! I have been trying for the past year to take him out for coffee but he never agrees! And you managed to come to what possibly will be the biggest party of the year with him? Not bad! What's the secret?" Rose questioned with a smirk.