Chapter 23 : Welcome

3rd PoV
Mushroom Palace
The Halloween Party

As the carriage goes near to Peach's castle, the gang eventually sees a lot of other carriages too. From nobles to other Royals alike.

Mario and Luigi wasn't surprised by the people as they were invited time to time, but they still are in awe in the many people the carriages had, going to a party.

Bowsette was looking outside, distracted, and deep in thought. Boosette was in a another story, as she was very awed of the lots of different people she looked at.

"Oh my! M-Mr. Mario! Lo-look at this place! Everything i-i-is so pretty" Boosette said, with sparkling amethyst eyes. Observing the colorful surroundings with awe.

Mario grinned, as he watched the curious female Boo. "Boosette, remember just to call me Mario. Having Mr. is just not my type."

Boosette's trance was then broke, as her attention was now on the plumber. She then blushed, with a shy expression and hid her face with her white gloves.

"( ///// ) Sorry... I always for... got... " Her words were barely audible, but anybody could tell what she meant.

"It's a kay'!"

Luigi watch as the two interact and sometimes wonder how in the world did they get along... But his eyebrows are raised of Boosette's sudden outburst earlier.

"Woah, it is like it is your first time in a party... Aren't you a some sort of... Rich?" Luigi said, out of curiosity.

Boosette then look at Luigi with a cute, 'mad' pout. "Hey... I never did go to parties. I mean... Rich isn't the best wa-way to say it... I'm a Boo after all... Wait... What are we talking about again?"

Boosette asked absently as put her fingers on her chin, giving a cute curious expression as Luigi sigh in defeat at her answer.

"Nevermind..."

Mario then smiled, as everyone was comfortable so far with the ride and the surrounding premises.

But he then noticed Bowsette's longed, distracted face. Mario then curiously glance at her and decided to talk to her.

"Hey'a, Bowsette... You alright? You seemed to be distracted in the whole ride." Bowsette then snapped from her trance, and looked at Mario like nothing ever happened.

"What? Me? Distracted? Pfft... Quit joking me plumber, I'm just only thinking on how stupid this party gonna be." Bowsette said with confidence and a grin.

Mario then looked at her with a 'Uh... Okay.' face and stare at the other window.

As he stare at the window, he then think of tonight's chance. His chance...

Mario then imagine his dance with Peach tonight, as this could be his last chance like what Bowsette said to him.

Mario then subconsciously smile, as he could feel that Peach is positively innocent in this charade. But... If she isn't... At least Mario has his last chance finally finish.

But all will be decided tonight. 'I mean, what could possibly go wrong?' Mario thoughts.

"Hello everyone from the Mushroom Kingdom!" An announcer declared, catching the gang's attention.

"I, hereby welcome you all to our one and only parties.... WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL MUSHROOM KINGDOM, HALLOWEEN PARTY!"

After that jolly announcement, they could now here a lot of happy cheers outside the carriage.