Day 12: Snowed In

Start from the beginning

Midoriya laughed nervously, his face practically glowing. He snatched Todoroki’s phone and clicked it open, searching the internet. “I'll check for you!”

He merely didn't want Todoroki to know how flustered he had gotten.

The weather was better today, but not by much. Traffic paraded the streets, and it was advised not to step outside for a long period of time. “We’re snowed in.. even U.A. is closed for the students. They're having lessons at the dorms.”

“Ah.”

They both knew what that meant, and they simultaneously exchanged smiles. They could stay for one more night, and just spend the day being lazy.

“We should get some breakfast downstairs. I'm kind of hungry.” Midoriya sat up, but still clung to Todoroki.

“I'll bring breakfast up for you. Why don't you take a shower, and I'll get new sets of clothes for us down at the gift shop. I doubt our clothes are dry yet.”

Midoriya’s heart melted. How had he ended up with someone so sweet to him? How could he tell him how much he appreciated this? He'd have to pay him back somehow. He pulled him into a deep kiss, extending it for a long moment. He finally broke the kiss. “I love you,” he whispered. “I really do..”

Both of Todoroki’s quirks were set off, and Midoriya almost had to run and grab the fire extinguisher. Thankfully, they were okay, because Todoroki controlled it in time.

“I love you, too,” Todoroki whispered back. “I know things are moving swiftly.. but I'm certain I feel this way towards you.”

“Hey. I don't mind. Just as long as we’re happy and comfortable at this rate,” Izuku assured, grasping both of Todoroki’s hands. One icy, the other warm. “Which I am.”

“So am I.” Todoroki squeezed his hands, and tenderly placed a kiss to Midoriya’s forehead.

They smiled at each other with lovey eyes for who knows how long. Midoriya finally slid out of Todoroki’s lap. “We can keep smiling and confessing as soon as we’ve both had showers. I'm planning on having a movie marathon and cuddling for the rest of the day, so you better keep your guard up, Shouto!” He gazed at him challengingly.

“It's a deal. What do you want for breakfast?” Todoroki asked.

“Froot Loops are good enough for me.” Midoriya kissed his cheek. “You take time to eat, too. Promise?”

“I promise.” Todoroki nodded. He was pretty hungry, too. Today, he wouldn't have to rely on soba to keep him alive.

“I'll see you soon, then.” Midoriya got out of bed, and centered a kiss to Todoroki’s lips. “I love you,” he repeated.

“As I love you.” Todoroki lovingly caressed his cheek, not very willing to part with him at the moment.

Midoriya chuckled and ruffled his hair. “I'll leave water for you,” he promised, and he disappeared behind the bathroom door. He cranked the hot water on, and Todoroki could hear it from outside.

Todoroki slipped into his clothes, which weren't wet, but the dampness was uncomfortable. He adjusted to it in only a matter of seconds, and headed down to the hotel lobby.

An hour or so passed when Todoroki came back.

Midoriya’s wet hair clung to his face, but luckily, some of it had already fluffed up. He sat swaddled in a towel, watching a program about All Might on TV.