*SEASON 8 SPOILERS* Allurance( its just Plangst )

"SHE'S GOING ON A DATE WITH POINTY CHIN!" Romelle screamed. Oh.

"Lance?!" I looked to the side. "Weird." It's over. Forget it. Forget all of it! Why would I ever think he'll like me?!

"We wanted some help finding your earthling courting attire."

"That would be the mall, it has all kinds of stuff." I said defeated. If only I asked him sooner. "I'd love to go, but uh I'm grounded."

"I didn't know earthlings can float!"

"We don't. It just means I'm under the watch of my mother until a period of time." My mom! She knows!

"She thinks going to space without her mother's permission is an activity for a 15 year old." My mom told them. I forgot she was here.

"Please Mrs. Holt, we promise to keep Pidge grounded!" Romelle begged.

My mom turned to me, I could tell she could see right through my eyes. She could see that I was upset.

"Please mom?" I shouldn't had said that.

"Oh fine. Only because Katie hates shopping."

"Oh thank you!" Romelle beamed.

"Thank you Mrs. Holt." Allura said. Not moments later they both left. I was on the verge of crying.

"Katie are you sure about going?"

"Yeah of course, why wouldn't I be?" I croaked. My throat felt dry.

"Because your going to help Allura find an outfit to wear on her date with the boy you like for how many years?"

"He's happy with her. Isn't that what matters the most?"

"Sweetie." She walks over to me. "But what matters to you?"

"That he's happy. I mean let's face it, he was never going to say yes to me."

"You don't know that."

"No mom. I do know that. Tonight was the last day before we headed off anyway. I should've expected him to ask her now. Hunk probably pressured him to do it."

"You don't have to go if you don't want to."

"No, I'll be a good friend. I'm going to help her." I sniffled.

"Oh, Katie." My mom hugged me and I broke out in tears. I may have been silent, but I felt as if I was screaming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You seem off. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Hunk. I'm fine."

"You know you can't lie to me. Your terrible at it."

"I'm fine, really."

"Are you sure?"

"Look can we just drop it?!"

"Ok jeez." He paused. "Did you hear? Allura finally said yes to Lance."

"Oh? I didn't know." I smiled softly at the table. Why? Why does life have to be so unfair?

"Yeah. Tonight they're going to the park."

"The park?"

"Yeah. Apparently there is something there he wants to show her after the dinner."

"Dinner?"

"Oh, Allura is having dinner with Lance's family."

"His family." I mumbled. I haven't even met them.

"Yeah, they're nice people. I guess you've only met Veronica though, huh?"

" Yeah, he never really introduced me to them. I guess he was busy." I chuckled sadly.