Soulmates

In this world there are things called Soulmates. They are someone who your destined to be with for the rest of your life. Some people meet their soulmates when they're really young, or even in their late 20's. The thing is, finding your soulmate isn't as easy as you would think. Some people would decide finding a soulmate just wasn't their thing, so they would marry someone else. When you are born, you are given a tattoo or soul mark. Moments after your birth you could even see the soul mark getting engraved in your skin. Sometimes your soulmate is younger then you, but only by a year or two, so when that happens you get your mark once they're born. You and your soulmate have the same soul mark. Once you find your soulmate, you'll have to make sure it's them after you can prove 3 things. 1. It's the same tattoo 2. The time it appeared matched up and lastly 3. The mark glows after coming in close proximity with the soulmate's mark. But that only happens when both soul marks are not covered by any clothing and when your soulmate is in any sort of trouble or danger.

My soul mark is a small lightbulb on my shoulder. It's covered by my freckles, so sometimes I forget it's there. The only time that someone could see it is if I was wearing something a bit revealing and I hate wearing those. I was never expected to find my soulmate anyway, never really brought it up to anyone either.

So when I saw my best friend standing there in shock, I was surprised as well. This was the first time the whole gang went to the beach since we came back from the war. Shiro suggested it. I came in a bathing suit after being forced by my mother, it was something that would show my arms. Matt and I were to meet the rest of them at the beach since Matt had to pick his girlfriend, Romelle, she was his soulmate. I came with my hair in pink tails, a green onesie, and a sun hat. Lance ran up to me after spotting me walking on the sand, and that's when it happened. We both were frozen after spotting them, we didn't take our eyes off them.

"What's with you two?" Matt called from the boardwalk.

"Katie.." Lance gasped.

"No fucking way." I huffed.

"Language." He laughed.

"I'm going to say whatever I want! I just found my soulmate and he's my fucking best friend!"

"Are you not happy?" He joked.

"I'm ecstatic!" I hopped on Lance after jumping up and down for a minute.

"I cannot believe that the genius tech extraordinaire, Katie Holt, is my soulmate."

"I can't believe the cool ninja sharpshooter, Lance McClain, is my soulmate!"

"Pidgey." He looked at me long fully.

"Shut up!" I kissed him. I've never felt this before. I mean I know in cheesy movies they say it was like fireworks at this moment, but all I could think of was Lance. His lips were so soft, I never want to let go of them. He wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me closer into the kiss, then after a minute we pulled apart.

"I have been waiting so long to do that!" I admitted.

"Awwww did someone have a crush on me?" He smirked.

"No? Yes. Maybe! I just have been waiting to kiss somebody! When you have traditional parents, that means you haven't had your first kiss yet until you've met your soulmate."

"Uhhhh guys?" Hunk questioned as he walked over with the rest of the group including Matt.

But Lance and I didn't hear him, we continued to look into each other's eyes and soon Lance caught me in another kiss.

"What! Pidge?! LANCE!" Matt yelled. The paladins didn't see mine and Lance's soul marks glowing. They all already found their soulmates anyway. Lance was starting to pull away to answer the paladins questions but then I slapped him.