~01~

DISCLAIMER: THIS STORY WAS WRITTEN IN YEAR 2018! I WAS JUST STARTING OUT ON WATTPAD, AND THIS ISNT MY BEST WORK! IT IS BEING REWRITTEN OFFLINE, AND THIS IS THE ONLY VERSION AVAILABLE ONLINE. THIS STORY DOES NOT REPRESENT HOW MY RECENTS STORIES ARE, THEY HAVE MUCH BETTER WRITING, PACING AND OVER ALL, BETTER STYLE. IF YOU WANT TO READ SOMETHING MORE MATURE AND EXCITING! HEAD TO MY PROFILE AND CHECK OUT ELIO MARINO. IT IS ONE OF MY MOST RECENT WORKS!

IF YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE: GET READY TO PULL YOUR HAIR OUT.

Ps: I am deleting every mean comment I find, some people are just so unthoughtful, commenting without thinking of what their words might do to another person. There is a difference between being a critique and just being mean.

Anyway, enjoy!

~1~

Rebecca's pov

"Thank you."

I said to the man who helped me lay my suitcase in the boot of the taxi taking me to my father's estate.

Walking around to the side of the taxi, I pulled the door open before smoothly stepping inside. Getting comfortable, I sledded on my seatbelt and took off my sunglasses, slipping them into my bag. The driver slammed the door shut before putting on his seatbelt and starting the car.

"Beautiful morning, isn't it?" The driver, a pot-bellied man with a beard that seemed to need a whole lot of grooming, asked as the taxi roared to life, causing a little shock to the car before it moved forward.

"Indeed it is," I replied before sitting back and relaxing on the seat.

He shot me a friendly grin through the rearview mirror before turning away from the airport.

I took a deep breath, thinking back to when I was five. Orlando has changed quite a bit since then.

I came back for my sister's wedding, and once it was done, I'd have to fly back to New York to handle my restaurant business, seeing as I didn't want my Mom to get overwhelmed with everything.

"You don't look like you're from around here?" The taxi driver asked, glancing at me from his rear-view mirror.

I gave a small smile. "I am, but I moved away a few years ago."

"Oh, why? Orlando's a beautiful place." The taxi driver grinned.

"I can see that." I returned the smile politely. Ignoring his question about the 'why?'

I looked through the window, and indeed, Orlando was a wonderful place, But also busy. My mind drifted back to my faint memory of my father's estate. The small cottage stood a few feet from the main house, the beautiful garden peaked out just by the side, and the abandoned fountain was gracefully surrounded by beautiful carpet grass. I wonder if anything has changed? How would my dad react after seeing me?

Worry settled heavily against my chest. My Dad and I weren't exactly the best of buddies.

Sixteen years ago, my parents went through a heartbreaking divorce, and my dad begged me to stay with him and my sister, but I couldn't leave my mom at a time like that, so I decided to stay with my mom.