On the other side Nandini noticed all their friends, and spotted a place next to Mukti, she took a step towards them only to have her hand held back as Manik pulled her along with him. Though shocked, but she did not say anything, not wanting to make the pooja delayed more.

As they settled down she noticed Nyonika wipe off her tears as she patted Manik's lap and turned back to the Pandit. Manik took a deep breath looking up at his sisters smiling face when his love resurfaced in his eyes, softening his expression ten folds.

The pooja started thereafter and they all joined their hands together in respect. Throughout the ritual, Nandini noticed Manik zoning out quite a few times staring at her picture. A ghost of a smile even came onto his face, maybe remembering some happy memories from past. While the other times, he just sat their with his eyes closed and hands joined.

About an hour later, the pooja was finished. They all got up as Nyonika and Raj took blessings from the Pandit. Nyonika turned towards Manik motioning him to do the same, and he followed politely without words.

There was a small arrangement made for food in the back garden for all the guests. All the guests moved outside except their friends when Nyonika turned towards Manik and caressed his cheek.

Nyonika: I can't tell u how happy I m that u came today... Thank u Son...

Manik: I know Mom!! I know.... U don't need to thank me!
Manik replied to her softly managing to give her a small smile.

Nyonika kissed his forehead shortly as she moved outside to attend to the guests while Raj patted Manik's back.
Raj: I m proud of u Son... Proud of u!

As Raj moved outside Manik looked at his retrieving figure while his smile faded away. His face hardening again.

Nandini noticed Cabir taking a step closer and opening his mouth and quickly stopped him. Cabir noticed Manik's face and nodded as he said,
Cabir: I guess we should all also move outside and attend the guests.

All of them nodded at him including Manik who gave a slight nudge as they moved outside.

A few minutes later, they were standing outside on the left corner of the garden, having small conversations among themselves. Manik didn't say anything to anyone, except for the one or two words greetings to the people who came to him.

Nandini was standing and talking with Cavya along with Manik while Dhruliya and Mukbhi had gone to take something to eat. She noticed Manik looking around casually with no expression on his face at all while she continued her conversation.

Suddenly she noticed his face harden as he curled his hands into fists.
Manik: What The Fuck is He doing here??
Manik gritted in anger stopping their conversation immediately as he took a few steps ahead towards someone.

Nandini looked ahead to see him walking towards his parents, though the sudden anger in him confused her when she noticed a couple standing along with them.

Nandini: Freak...
Nandini muttered as she moved ahead and held Manik's hand stopping him as she said slowly,

Nandini: Manik, stop!!

Manik: Leave me Nandini.... I m gonna kill this guy today! Even after everything that happened, he has the audacity to come here.

Manik said angrily trying to jerk away Nandini's hand. Nandini noticed a few people around them notice him along with Cabir who came forward.

Cabir: Manik... What happened?
Cabir asked holding Manik along with Nandini.

Manik opened up his mouth to tell him to move away when Nandini suddenly stood in front of him, keeping her hands on his shoulder.