Lance was left speechless for a moment. He regained his posture.

"I look horrible? Look at yourself!" He retored "You look as if a herd of bisons walked over you"

He wasn't far from the truth. Keith looked absolutely worn out. His already pale skin seemed even whiter with a green undertone. His eye circles were dark and his eyes were puffy. Just then Lance noticed something.

"Are those fingerless gloves?" He asked

"Yeah what about them?"

"Nothing. Just...SO EMO!" Lance screeched, laughing at Keith, who didn't approve "Anyway, why with the gloves?"

"I... just wanted to add something."

Lance looked at him suspiciously. Keith didn't look the type.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." Keith hissed back.

They started to walk towards their lockers. They weren't next to each other, but on the same corridor. Pretty far away.

Talking to Lance somewhat helped Keith forget what lesson was coming next. Only when he was near his locker did he realise what hell was he about to visit.

PE.

Lance liked PE. Takashi was cool, sometimes crazy (Read:24/7) but he was still Lance's role model. Because damn that bod! Every time he saw Shiro he couldn't help thinking 'this is the body I want'.

Keith despised it passionately. He didn't want to participate and he sure as hell didn't want to change in front of everyone.

All he could do was hope for a miracle. But who was he kidding? Miracles seemed to avoid him like he avoided angering his parents. That says something.

They took their bags and went to the changing room. A few other guys were already there. Keith started to come up with a plan, just so he wouldn't need to do this. But if he excused himself to the bathroom the other boys would probably laugh at him making him a target. On the other hand staying here and showing everyone how tormented his body was, wasn't a good option either.

And then, as if his prayers had been heard, the light went off. School became a victim of a blackout. Keith suddenly felt sheer power run through his veins.

While everyone else was complaining and asking what happened, Keith managed to change. By the time some kid decided to gather all phones with a flashlight in the middle and make a 'floor lamp' Keith was already fumbling with his shoe laces.

The only reason why he wasn't squirming in pain was adrenalin and painkillers.

Even though the black haired teen was good at hiding his pain, this time his parents went overboard. He could manage dealing with his hand but his forearm? Fuck, no.

Maybe if it was a clean break and his radius were the only victim, then maybe Keith could function without stuffing himself with chemicals. But it wasn't a clean break and it definitely didn't trouble only his radius. His ulna was probably cracked.

Lance looked at Keith. He had black training pants and a long sleeved, loose black shirt.

He definitely didn't look like a student that was about to go to PE. More like a hitman.

Keith saw Lance looking at him. He just hoped he wouldn't ask many questions regarding Keith's choice of clothing. 

Lance is Keith's only friend. Sure, he liked Pidge and Hunk too, but they had their own world. They made their team- PUNK. Leaving Lance and Keith out of their science fantasizes.