~bathtub~

Marinette smiled as she started chopping vegetables to cook. She was feeling much better than she had been in that situation and has taken initiative to finally help Adrien and do something productive.

Three days before, Adrien and herself visited the hospital where she saw her three 'victims.'

It was a whole drama. She had seen the state her parents were in and felt so down but Adrien managed to make her feel better by bring her on family date to ease her mind.

Her parents were recovering slowly, as words from the doctor, but her father's condition could go south any minute.

She shook her head, not wanting to think about it.

In her head, there were voices talking and she gave in to them, allowing them to rule over her.

It wasn't your fault. You don't even remember anything about, before or after the accident.

Yeah, but you remember walking into that shop and talking with that one waitress. You remember how her eyes glinted and how her teeth shone in the dark light hovering above her head.

You remember how she laughed to herself as she talked on and on about you as if you both had been childhood friends. You remember her calling you Lena and you telling her she got the wrong person.

You remember how she was taken aback and had to double take at you before laughing at you.

You remember her saying "Poor lil' mouse. Birdie's out here to get you."

You also remember meeting up with Medai as he asked you to, and your conversations with him- everything he told you. Though you felt somewhat happy that he hadn't done anything, you knew. You remembered?

So what was happening? Did you loose all your memories? Selective memory?

"Trauma." The doctor in a white coat confirmed after Marinette got back to the conversation from spacing out. "Even if she doesn't remember anything, the body still remembers what it once went through, her brain does. Her mind would dominate her thoughts and she would often find herself spacing out, like she did just now."

Marinette blinks in confusion as Adrien squeezes her hand.

"Is there anyway to help her go back to how she once was?"

The doctor sighs at Marinette's bandaged hand and thinks. "It's hard for it to just go away; she has to accept the truth in order for it to slowly leave. Meanwhile, it'll be nice if you could support her and distract her sometimes, to prevent herself from hurting by her own thoughts."

Marinette glances into Adrien's worried eyes, completely clueless.

"I'm sorry, what happened?"

Adrien gapes at her and immediately leaves her with the doctor, covering his mouth from letting out a chocked sob.

--------------------------------
Marinette glances at her hand as the bandage is slowly removed but to be honest, she couldn't even think about it.

But she saw it; the deep gashes in his hands that remained evidence to how mindful she was when cooking.

According to the doctor, she had unconsciously cut her hand without thinking or reacting which ended up with Adrien walking in and stopping her from further injuring herself.

Some of them were stitched up, some just cleaned and bound up.

They had cleaned it up with hydrogen peroxide which should have stung but she was too caught up in her headspace to realise.