~it is i~

Marinette, the 18 year old teen , was now in a state of mixed feelings.Dashing back home, she plopped onto the bed, her heart palpitating.

"TIKKI, how am I going to live with Adrien after he said he likes me? If I don't live up to his expectations, or do something wrong, I will end up in jail and cannot see my Adrien again .By the time I come out, he will be married to some other woman and-and," Marinette buried her face into her palms and groaned. Tikki had returned from her trip to see Master Guy and it made Marinette relieved to say the least.

"Marinette, you cannot be serious right now. The man literally confessed that he loves you. The real you. In front of so many people. Why are you still worried about that? I'm sure you'll do well. Don't worry about those things."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

"Thanks Tikki."

"Mhm." Tikki rested on the small makeshift bed that Marinette had made for her. "Have you thought about what child you are going to be adopting?"

"I don't mind any gender or race really."

"You should discuss with Adrien about this. What about the name? You're not going to name her Emma, are you?"

"No, that is for our real children. The children would have names already given to them."

"Oh right. I forgot about that part." Tikki added, bringing her small hand to her forehead.

Marinette giggled at the little red kwami's forgetfulness. "I'll get ready for classes which start from tomorrow. If you're hungry, just let me know okay?"

Tikki hummed and sat on top of them computer, seeing what work Marinette was to do.

...

"Plagg, gorilla's not here yet. Did something happen? Father and Mother are not picking up my calls too."Adrien asks Plagg, scratching his head in confusion.It had been two days after that incident.

He had to be stuck in school to help with a competition practice for his fencing juniors. However, it had been close to an hour since that session ended and there was no car to pick him up in sight.

"Didn't your father say they were going somewhere yesterday, so they would have to borrow your bodyguard? Your mum told you to eat dinner outside too? "Plagg replied.

Adrien glared at the cat kwami in disbelief. "You know it could have been helpful if you told me this at least an hour ago?"

"At least I remembered it."

"Since they are all out, should I go give a surprise visit to someone?" He grinned slyly, holding his bag tight and taking off to the  house.

...

"Marinette, someone's here to see you!" Sabine called out from below, getting back a reply to send Alya in.

Adrien pushed up the trapdoor, his eyes landing on Marinette furiously typing away at her computer.

"Sorry. I can't look away Alya. Hold on for a second. Let me just finish this..."

Adrien stifled a laugh at Marinette's extreme focus mode to the fact that her tongue was sticking out. He made his way to stand behind the bluenette. He slowly and quietly wrapped his arms around her shoulders, and though it was normal to do for the besties, Marinette sensed it wasn't her (other) best friend after all. The hug felt familiar but different from Alya's.

The hands, the scent everything just led it up to one person. She froze in place and her song playing in the background.

What's after like?