~run or hide~

"Mr Agreste is in a stable condition. However, he seems to have hurt his head badly as the force his head hit on the wheel caused him a concussion. It will take some time for him to wake up.

Unfortunately, we cannot say when that will be,as we need to run some tests later on when he is recovering. Until then, we can only be hopeful that his condition does not worsen." The doctor relayed the news to Adrien and left leaving him sit down on the chair with a loud sigh.

Now, he knew his father would be fine. Slowly but surely, he felt his initial anger for Marinette disappear as he controlled his emotions and thought more rationally. Marinette would have no reason to purposely kill her father or her own parents even.

Though there was some disagreement with his father on dating Marinette, she wouldn't really have taken it into heart and even go into the lengths of killing him, even endangering her loved ones and potentially jeopardising their own relationship with each other.

He felt extremely guilty for even hating Marinette for this, and it only worried him that he had heard absolutely nothing on what was going on with her. He couldn't reach anyone and even if he did, they had no clue on this incident or anything about her.

Alya gulped, rubbing Adrien's back in support. "Don't worry Adrien, everything will be fine."

Adrien nodded, wiping away his tears and gathering himself together. He would be fine so now there are more important things at hand. "He isn't going to magically cure from me crying over him. I'll go check on Marinette's parents. You've been here all night. You should go home and take a rest. Nino will be waiting for you. It's afternoon already."

Alya tried to convince Adrien that she'll be staying but Adrien promised to go back home and have some rest only if she took her own.

Alya eventually gave up and took one long look at Adrien, signalling to him that she will call later to check up on him.

Now, after she was gone, the blonde ran his hand through his hair and got up, sprinting all the way to the front desk of Annex C where emergency patients were kept after being treated.

He waited for the people in front of him to clear and finally reached the front.

"Hello, may I know what are the statuses of Mr Tom Du Pain and Mrs Sabine Cheng? They were admitted here after an accident yesterday afternoon." Adrien asks the staff on duty. He looked at them hopefully as a medical receptionist nodded, typing in the information into her computer.

"May I know your relation with the patients?"

Adrien paused for a second and inhaled sharply. "I'm their daughter's boyfriend. There was no immediate relation who the call went through to yesterday and Mr DuPain required immediate surgery, so I gave my name as the Patient Guardian."

The staff raised her eyebrow and looked back at the computer. "Alright, may I please see your ID?"

"Sure." Adrien whips out his wallet and gives them the card, which she double checks with the information she had.

After a while, she gives it back to him and calls up the doctor's assistant that the Patient Guardian wanted to know about the patients.

"I apologise Mr Agreste, you would have to wait for a while. The doctor is in the middle of a surgery. It should be ending soon, so I'll let you know when he is available.